~Chapter 4~

Chapter 4

I turned around to see Ella with her phone pointed at me in the window. “Could you stop taking so many pictures of me Elles?!” I ask her, rolling my eyes. She sends me one of her cheeky smiles before running out of the viewing room. I take Talia and return to her paddock and then I go and grab my tack from the arena and turn off the air conditioning. I place all the tack where it belongs before taking my phone out of my cubby hole. I realized that I had a DM.

Nope, I thought it was hilarious… #serious

But cute picture of you and your horse !

I bit my lip to hold back a smile before replying,

Thanks! Shes adorable, love her to bits :* how was the last concert? Ella was so pissed that she couldn’t go, ha loseeeer

I locked my phone and made my way over to the house to tell them the news. I hadn’t seen Ella in the barn so I had assumed that she had already gone over. What I wasn’t expecting was to see everyone crowded around Ella’s MacBook Pro watching a video of a bunch of clips of me. It was playing to One Directions ‘Another World’ and I had to admit, it was awesome. Ella always had a talent for techy stuff. And I guess you could say that she was my number 1 fan. She always uploaded videos of me to twitter and YouTube.

I decided to DM Niall to let him know what Ella had been up to…

Cheeky girl… I had been wondering why Ella had been taking countless videos and pictures of me… turns out she made it into one whole video! And being the fan that she is, she put it to one of your songs haha, ngl, its pretty badass;)

I cleared my throat once the whole video was over. They all spun around, with grins on their faces. I looked at Ella and ran to her, grabbed her in a bear hug, and spun her around. “You are the bestest little sister that I never had!” I exclaim, once I finally set her down.

“Can I upload it please, please, please, please? And tag you in it?!” she begged, gripping on my arm and jumping up and down. I sighed before answering. “I guess yeah…” I trailed off. She shrieked and jumped on my back. I swung her off and she landed on the couch with an ‘ouf’. She scrambled off to put everything on the internet. I shook my head, and turned around only to be greeted by 3 more anticipated faces.

“So did you decide yet…?” Kathleen asked me with hope in her eyes.

I grinned at her. “What? Want to get rid of me already? Hurtful.” I giggled before continuing, “Yes, WE did decide, and we decided that… WE’RE GOING TO ENGLAND!” I screamed. Nathan, Kelsey, Kathleen, and Ella all came running at me and surrounded me in a hug.

“Guys…can’t…breathe…” I managed to get out before the released me.

“We have to go shopping with Lily to get you a better wardrobe!” Kelsey immediately shouted at me. Unlike me, she liked riding, but also loved shopping and getting her nails done at salons and everything.

“PLEASE DON’T MAKE ME!”

“TOO BAD WERE GOING NOW!”

“KATHELLN SAVE ME!”

“DON’T LISTEN TO HER!” Kelsey screams as she and Ella drag me out the door.

I had 5 weeks before Talia and I had to be in England. 5 weeks left to spend with my best friends. 5 weeks until I’m gone.

*5 weeks later*

Talia was already loaded onto the plane. I wish I could have gone with her and stayed in the stall, but I had to travel first class. Apparently it was about the same temperature in England as it was where we were, so Ella, Lily, and Kelsey had me dressed up in orange high wasted shorts, gladiator sandals, and a white ruffled shirt. She had also thrown in an owl necklace and let me wear my barrel bracelets. Oh and in case you were wondering, Niall and I still DM’d constantly. Ella had uploaded the video and he and his band mates thought it was ‘bloody brilliant’. Ella was ecstatic. He had always wanted to Skype me, but I was always too nervous to. It was almost like the same thing as meeting him in real life.

I still don’t understand why he talks to me though. And he tweets at me too, which made my follower list go up. I don’t talk to the other boys at all really, but they seem sweet. I also told them that I had gotten accepted to a University in England, but I didn’t tell them which. They always tried to pry it out of me, but I wouldn’t budge.

“We’re going to miss you so much Ash.” Kathleen said, with tears in her eyes. I have never seen Kathleen cry, so this instantly made me tear up. I pulled her into a hug, and let her tears soak through the fabric on my shirt. Once she was finished, I went over to Lily and Kelsey, who were hugging each other. “Skype me every week ok?” I cracked at the end, as a fresh wave of tears came over. We sobbed together in a little group, before I turned to Ella. I bent down to her eye level a bit, since she was born short anyways. I smiled right in her face, and she pulled a stupid grin on me. I giggled before scooping her up and twirling her around in my arms. “Text me anything, ok? And if you need any advice, I’m always a call away” I tell her. She may be 15, but I still treat her like she’s 8, and she doesn’t mind.

Last was Nathan. I turned to look at him and he had his hands stuck in his pocket. We looked at each other in silence before I pulled him into a tight hug. He snaked his arms around my lower back, squeezing my tightly and rocking me side to side. He let my tears soak through his shirt a bit before muttering in my ear, “If you fall in love and they hurt you, I’ll be on the first plane out ready to give whoever it is an ass-kicking. But it’s not going to happen anyways because fuck you’re ugly.” He finished. I pulled away and lightly smacked him upside the head. I smiled through my tears and he took his thumb and wiped them away. “You’re a douche you know that right?” I ask him, grinning. He nods his head in understanding, “Only to you Ash, only to you.”

“Flight 1483 to Nottingham, England is now boarding,” came over the loud speaker. I pulled them all into a group hug before grabbing my carry-on and walking to the lady to give her my ticket. As I enter the terminal, I give my true family one last wave, and I make my way on the plane.

I found my seat and sat down, and I felt a fresh wave of tears come over me. I am going to miss the barn and farm and house and people so much. But this will be a good experience, so it’s worth it. I looked at my personal TV and watched the safety procedures. Then, I buckled in, and we took off. I looked out the window, to see my home town, going, going, gone.

Picture on the side is of Ashley's guardian/ coach, Kathleen Johnson (: