~Chapter 6~

Chapter 6

We were all excused from the little get together and we made our way back to campus. Apparently Kristen was taking courses to become a vet as well, and we had a room together! We reached our dorm after lugging all my stuff in.

The first thing I did was hang up pictures of home. Then, I hung up everything in the closet, making sure that everything was nice and neat. Especially the show shirts, don’t want any wrinkles in those…

I looked at my schedule and it said that my classes started Tuesday, and they went until Thursday. Monday’s were for training, but we could go anytime we wanted. My Tuesday- Thursday classes were from 9am to 6pm every day, with a 30 minute lunch break in between. Campus was small, so that was a plus.

I pulled out my laptop, and almost immediately I heard the familiar Skype ringtone. I answered it immediately, while pulling one of the university’s hoddies over my tank top since it had gotten chilly in the room. Kristen had left to go somewhere so I was all alone.

“Ashley!” I heard Ella exclaim.

“Ella!” I screamed back, doing a little jazz hands. She giggled before interrogating me.

“How was the flight? How’s your room mate? Did you meet your trainers? Did you meet anyone else? Any cute guys? How’s Talia? Any trouble?”

“Whoa calm down girl! Flight was long but good, a bit jet lagged, that’s all. My roommate is named Kristen, she’s supper sweet and bubbly, pretty much like an older version of you! She’s taking courses to be a vet, we have the same classes, oh and she rides too. Yes I met my two trainers. They’re very nice. Stable is beautiful too. I met the other two riders, making it a total of four barrel racers. Amanda is a little on the Goth side, and Christina is… well a stuck up bitch. No cute guys, I haven’t been anywhere. Talia is fitting in perfectly. And no trouble.” I ramble off, tired and out of breath.

“I have something to tell you though!” I whisper through the microphone.

“What is it?” she grins at me.

“Get the others.” I say as she calls them all down. They thunder down the stairs and make a stop right in front of the lap top.

“Our trainers called us in for a meeting today… Guess what?!” I scream at them

“WHAT?!” they all shriek at the same time

“THEY’RE ADDING BARREL RACING INTO THE OLYMPICS AHHHHHH!” I squeal and jump around the room. They all look at me in shock before Ella starts screaming and Kathleen and Nathan look at me with their mouths hanging open.

“Are you going?!” Nathan asks.

“Of course!” I shout. I hear the lock being turned on the door.

“Sorry guys, but I got to go! Talk to you all soon, love you!” I blew a kiss into the camera before shutting down my laptop.

It was a Friday, so I had 2 days to rest before my first lesson with these girls.

I snuggled into the sheets as Kristen came in, “Hey.” She yawned. She quickly got changed and threw her hair in a bun like mine.

Before I knew it, I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

I awoke the next morning to 3 DM’s from Niall.

I hope you had a good flight ! and I hope you enjoy England.

Jet lagged? Knew it would happen, sucks to be you! ;)

Nottingham university aye? That’s about half an hour away from where we are, we should get a coffee (: x

I smiled until I realized what he said. How the hell did he find out that I was here?!

I scanned though my notifications until I stumbled across one of Ella’s.

@EllaJohnson13:

@ashley_carter

My big sister all grown up and shipped off to uni. Miss her loads, so glad that we Skyped! Love you xoxo

Attached to it was a picture of us Skyping, and I had my Nottingham sweater on. Shit!

@ashley_carter:

@EllaJohnson13

Miss you too turdlett! Love you to the moon and back xoxo, say hi to the rest of them too for me will ya?

I walked down the hall to the showers and took a long and relaxing one, thinking about what Niall had sent me. Why does he want to see me so bad? What if he doesn’t like me? I love talking to him since he’s so funny, but what if it totally doesn’t turn out well and he doesn’t ever talk to me again? Then again… you never know until you try. Maybe I should go. Ya I think I’ll go.

Confidant with my decision, I step out of the shower, get changed, and make my way down to the dorm room. Kristen is already up so she left to take a shower as well.

Yeah sure… when and where?

I quickly sent to Niall. Since I happened to grab Debby and Trey’s numbers, I quickly sent them texts too.

Do you guys need any help today? –Ash

Try immediately replied.

No we got everything covered. Deb says if you want you can come and groom Talia or something, or you can familiarize yourself with the campus… it’s up to you! Thanks for the through! -T

Okay! I’ll see if I can find time to come down.-Ash

Just then, I felt my phone beep

Starbucks at around noon? Just finishing up a radio interview. The place is about a 10 minute walk from where you’re staying… if that’s alright? If you want I can swing by and pick you up.(: x

Noon?! It’s 11:20, meaning that I have half an hour to make myself look half decent, so that I can get there on time! Shit!

I guess ya? No its fine you don’t have to get me, ill walk, thanks though!

I locked my phone before digging through my closet to find something. I settled on a pair of denim skinny jeans, a stripped blue and white shirt, and a brown leather jacket. I pulled my hair out of its bun and it fell in slight waves. I put a little moose in them. Then, I pulled a grey over-sized beanie over my head and put on a pair of giraffe print TOMS. 11:45, perfect!

I grabbed my wallet and phone and headed out the door to see Kristen running in draped in a towel. I chuckled and walked into the cool autumn air.

I made my way to the Starbucks, admiring the landscaping of England. Everything was so beautiful. It was all old brick work, and some houses had vines crawling up the windows.

I made it to Starbucks with 5 minutes to spare. I ordered a ‘Caramel Brule Latte’ before settling in the corner. I sipped my drink quietly and I had my back to the door.

I sent Niall a quick message

I’m here by the way already. Chose the corner so that fans won’t recognize you as easily! X

A few seconds later I got his reply

Pulling in now… what are you wearing?

I sent him a brief description and waited for him to come.

I heard footsteps come up behind me and then I heard an Irish voice call out from behind me, “Ashley?” I turned in my booth, a smile plastered on my face.

“Hey Niall!” 

~~

Picture on the side is of Kristen Kelly!