~Chapter 12~

Chapter 12

We stumbled out of the elevator, only to be greeted by some paparazzi.

“Niall! Who’s your mystery girl?”

“What’s your name?”

“Is it true that you’re dating?”

“Why are you wearing his clothes?”

Were some of the things shouted at us. Niall shielded my eyes and we made our way to the back entrance to his car. We buckled in and he cautiously drove around the fans who were trying to catch a glimpse at us. Thank God for the tinted windows.

“Hold shit.” I breathed out. I leaned my head against the cool window as we made our way back to my campus.

“I know it’s crazy. Sometimes they crowed so much, it doesn’t help with my claustrophobia. The price that comes with fame though.” He added at the end. I nodded and sighed. If I ever became famous for riding, I know that it won’t be that crazy, but there still will be some. I’m just glad that I won’t have to experience THAT.

Niall dropped me off at the University’s gate and we parted our ways with a quick goodbye. I slowly made my way down the path leading to the dorm rooms, wondering how good the other girls were.

I unlocked my door, expecting to be met with a sleeping Kristen, but I got the opposite.

“OH MY GOD, YOU’RE WEARING HIS CLOTHES! DID YOU DO THE… NASTY?  DID YOU MEET THE OTHER GUYS? WERE THEY NICE? AHHHH!”

“Holy shit, Kris calm down! I didn’t have any pyjamas, obviously. And hell no! Yes I met them, they were nice,” I replied as calmly as I could, hoping to make her tone it down a notch. But that didn’t work when she continued, “YOU GUYS WOULD BE SO CUTE TOGETHER! YOU’RE THE PREFECT HEIGHT FOR HIM TOO! AND THE FANS WOULDN’T MIND YOU CAUSE YOU’RE NOT A STUCK UP BITCH! I HAD BETTER BE INVITED TO THE WEDDING! AND I BETTER BE THE GOD MOTHER TO YOUR BABIES AHH SO CUTE!” She continued to screech in my ear. I looked down at my nails and yawned, stretching my arms, waiting for her to finish her little episode. When she stopped I looked up at her expectantly.

“You done?” I asked her with my eyebrows raised.

“Yes.” She breathed out before collapsing on her bed. I chuckled at her and checked the stuff on twitter. I must admit, it is a cute picture. I decided to save it and put it as my home screen. The lock screen was already taken as one of all of us back home around Talia. It was taken right before we went to the airport.

For the rest of the day, Kristen and I just hung out in our dorm Skyping our families and checking up on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and for her, Tumblr. When it was time to go down to the barn, we bother got changed into an old button down plaid shirt, wrangler jeans, and our old cowboy boots. I had a total of 3 pairs- one pair for shows, one pair for riding in the arena, and one for when I went out. Needless to say, they were all pretty awesome looking. Like my saddles, my boots had to be spectacular.

We walked out of the building, meeting Christina and Amanda on the way. Christina scowled at me and I just skipped ahead with Kristen in tow, laughing along the way. Nothing could get me down today, not even Christina.

We all walked into the barn and grabbed our horses respective halters. Then, we proceded out to their paddocks and slipped them over their heads. We brought them inside and thoroughly groomed them. Once I finished Talia, she was sparkling. I also managed to get all the rain rot off her legs and butt. Then, we all headed to the tack room. I opted for my not-so-good barrel saddle. It was like my trail saddle, but the seat had flames, and instead of crystals on the back, it just had red piping. I also grabbed the matching bridle and chest strap. I threw everything on Talia and ran back to the tack room to grab her boots. They were Tiger stripped Classic Equine boots, and red bell boots. Once I finished, I double checked on my cinch and pulled it up a few notches. Once that was done, I grabbed my helmet and walked out of the barn with the other girls, over to the arena. Trey and Debby were already there, sitting on the chairs with clip boards. We mounted and did the normal exercises, walk, jog, trot, lope, sliding stop, then went the other way. Debby and Trey gave me reassuring smiles when I went by, which calmed me down a lot.