Chapter Forty-One

~ Onika Maraj's POV. ~

Instead of going on vacation right after the OVO fest, we went back to California to help out Drake. It's been a week since the shooting and everyone had been brought in for questioning by police. So far, they had no lead on to who could have possibly did it or anything. I've been up late nights trying to connect little by little, but I came up empty handed. This was making more upset than ever. Drake deserved justice and I wasn't settling for anything less.

"Babe, you need to get some rest." Bey mumbled walking in, before taking a sip of her hot tea.

I closed my notebook and sighed. Closing my eyes, "I can't babe. I'm just a little upset."

She huffed, "Nika baby, we are doing everything we can. Drake deserves justice, but you need rest. You can't do this to your body."

I rolled my eyes, knowing she was right. I haven't slept in days. The little sleep I get doesn't help at all. I guess Bey is right.

"I'm trying to babe. I can't. I'm scared." I croaked.

The warm tears flowed down my face quickly. My body temperature was rising and I was burning up. I was scared for Bey and Drake. Bey was almost taken away from me. My soulmate was almost taken away from me.

I felt Bey warm arms wrap around me. I cried in her chest and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"It's okay baby. Why are you scared?" She asked calmly.

Gasping for air, "Y-y-you was almost taken away babe."

She sighed softly and kissed my forehead, "I know baby, but I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere. I love you baby."

"I love you too." I whispered out.

Pulling my face away from her, I looked up and she looked down at me.

"Promise me that you'll never baby?" I said teary eyed and holding my pinky finger out.

She smiled and linked her pinkie with mine, "I promise."

~ Beyoncé Knowles's POV. ~

Opening my eyes, I looked to the right of me. I smiled and saw Onika to curl up under me. She was such a baby. I felt bad for her, but like Chris said she needs me to be strong for her.

I climbed out the bed, took a shower, and cooked some breakfast. I wanted to get in the studio today, but it was packed. I missed my team. I haven't to Allison in weeks and Meagan in days. I also missed my friends.

I heard light footsteps coming slowly down the stairs. Then, my baby appeared with a pouty face and dressed in a Nike Sports Bra and spandex shorts.

"You left me?" She whined climbing onto my lap.

I placed my food on the snack tray and looked at her. She was beautiful. I was blessed to have her in my life.

"Baby I had to cook for us." I laughed while my hands latched onto her hips.

"Next time can you wait for me? I wanted to wake up and kiss you all over your face, but I couldn't." She grumbled placing her face in my neck.

I smiled at her crybaby ass and kissed her cheek.

"Alright babe, you hungry?" I asked her smiling.

I felt her head nod, "Yes."

"The food is in the kitchen. Go get it." I mumbled.

She groaned, "Can you carry me?"

I laughed. I could already tell she was about to be clingy all day.

"Onika stop! You're gonna make us lose." I yelled at her.

She followed me and laughed, "Baby I'm sorry, I just want you to hold me."

We were at Skyzone having the time of our lives. Onika was causing us to lose and I hated losing.

Chris threw a ball at me and sighed knowing that they won. I hated losing more than anything.

"Yay finally you can hold me." She cheered.

"Why you damn clingy today?" Red asked before throwing the ball at her making her fall.

She only laughed and shrugged her shoulders, "Because I love her."

"Because I love her." Chris mocked her causing me to punch his shoulder.

"I love you too." I laughed.

Boring short ass chapter, but I got y'all later on this weekend.

Lemme know what y'all think. 😊

-Maya 💋