Chapter Twenty-Six

The next day once we were awake we were back on the road. I was walking minding my own business when Christian stuck his arm out, stopping my movement.

"What is-" he quickly brought his hands over my mouth. He motioned for us to follow him in the confides of the trees. As soon as we were in the shadows of the forest a man on horseback rode by. He stopped suddenly, looking around as if to find something. Once he realized nothing was out there he went on his way.

Once he was out of sight, we walked out of the shadows.

"That was one of General Claude's men. If he had seen us, we would be in real trouble." Jace said. I started to feel a shiver through my spine. I turned around, positive someone was watching me, but I saw nothing. Must be the wind I thought.

"We should make camp here tonight, and tomorrow we'll try and go into Claude's compound." Christian said. Jace and I nodded simultaneously.

After I pulled out my sleeping bag, I told the guys that I needed to take a quick wash. I felt dirty.

"Do you need company?" Christian said pulling me close to him. I blushed.

"Although that sounds tempting, I'd rather wash all the grime off in private." I said pulling away. He frowned.

"Fine, but if you're not back in thirty minutes I'm coming for you." He said with a serious face.

"Ok." I said and headed to go find the nearest lake. Once I did, I realized it wasn't a lake at all. It was a beautiful but miniature waterfall.

"Wow." I said in awe. I reached to pull my shirt off, when I heard or better yet sensed a presence. I quickly pushed my shirt down. I already know who it is.

James.

I knew he would come, that's why I left the guys. I wanted to get rid of him myself. I held both my hands out. I remembered how James had summoned his fire balls. Once I opened my eyes, I saw two fire balls, one in each hand.

I smiled in amazement.

A figure came out of the shadows.

"I see you've taken my gift." James said with a smirk on his, hideously beautiful face.

"I've taken a lot of gifts, and with them I'm going to kill you once and for all." I said aiming my fire ball at him. Once I released it, he moved his head and the fire ball went right past him.

"Don't fight me Rose, you won't win. I can destroy with my pinky finger."

"Really? You can't fight me by yourself pretty boy." I shouldn't have said that.

A woman with blazing red hair walked out from the shadows of the trees. James smiled.

"This dear is an absorber. Just. Like. You. If you wish to fight, then she is your opponent." I took a step back. I thought I was the only absorber.

Whatever I was thinking didn't matter. I had to kill James now, before Christian came to get me. In a flash I teleported behind James, and pinned a knife to his neck. I thought he would be shaking in his boots, but all he did was laugh.

Like greased lightning, something so powerful had me twisting in pain. Then a godly force pinned me to the ground, crushing the living daylights out of my body. I couldn't scream, my voice had failed me.

I looked up and met the red haired woman.

"James, I thought you said she was powerful." While her back was towards me, I raised my hand and shot the biggest fire ball, right into her back. Her hold over me immediately was gone. I sprung up, and walked over to James.