Chapter Twenty-Three

I woke up around ten O' clock, groaning and dragging my feet. If I was going to meet Emilia I wanted to do it early, so that we can have the whole day to do 'girl stuff'.

For some odd and sick reason I felt like wearing a dress. I'm not your typical girly girl, but since I was meeting my new friend I wanted to look the part.

As soon as I left the bathroom, a hand stopped me. I looked and saw that it was Jace, he seemed depressed.

"Hey what's up Jace?" I gave him an up and down look. He just stared at me, and then his eyes traveled down my body noticing the dress I was wearing. This is awkward, I thought.

"So ..." I was in a hurry and If all he was gonna do was stare, I might as well leave now.

"Jace if you don't have anything to say ..."

"No! I do." He ran his fingers through his hair, still looking as beautiful as ever.  "I just had to see you. I know you're with Christian and all, but I was just..." I ran to him and gave him a humongous hug. I understand what he's trying to say.

I started to feel the weight of how much pain I caused him. I mean I was his first love, and his first wife. He loved me and what did I do with that love? I took it, smashed it into a thousand pieces then handed it back.

I feel horrible.

"Look Jace I'm really sorry that I left you, but I had to follow my heart—"

"Yeah yeah I know, but it still hurts." I looked at my feet, avoiding his eyes. Then all of a sudden the wheels in my head started turning, and then a light bulb went off.

"Jace, I'm going over to Everett's house today, how about you stop by?"

"Yeah sure." I didn't show it but on the inside I was grinning like a fool.

***

After getting lost twice I finally found Emilia's house. I walked up to the door and was about to knock when it swung open.

"Rose! You actually came!" Emilia screamed.

"Of course I did." She led me inside, where I saw that the house wasn't completely empty. There was a mini party going on.

When we got to her room, I couldn't hold back the good news I had.

"Jace's coming by later!" I burst out. She stopped what she was doing and stared at me. I was expecting a little more reaction ...

*SCREAM

Yep there it is. I laughed.

She started walking around in circles.

"What am I going to do? No! What am I going to wear? Holy shit, my hair!" I laughed.

"I'll help you, but you don't need to worry Jace will fall head over heels for you. You're a nice girl and that's what counts." She gave me a shy smile.

"Thanks Rose." She gave me a long hug.

 After our hugging session, she started to change into a pretty, but not too girly dress. She looked like an angel.

"Muy bien." I said, using all the Spanish vocabulary I know. "Okay, now let's put on a little makeup." I got an eyes shadow brush and started to work my magic. Then I got an eyeliner brush, some mascara and some lip gloss. Surprisingly Emilia had all these makeup tools, but never used them.

After ten minutes of being beautified, I took her hair out of her ponytail and said go check yourself out.

When she reached the mirror she stood there stuck in time. She grabbed her face, and said "Is this a dream, or do you have magic fingers."

"I don't, but you're just naturally that pretty. Let's go show you off." I grabbed her hand and raced downstairs. I don't think she noticed but, Jace had just walked in.

Muhuwahahaa!

My plans are coming together.

"Hey Emilia, let's go get us some drinks."

"Sure." As we walked over to the drinks I yelled to Jace.

 "Oh Jace! I didn't see you over there, come have a punch with us!" I could feel Emilia tense up.

"Hey Rose-" I cut him off.

"This is my dear friend Emilia." I moved aside so he could see her. His eyes widened and he moved towards her, took her hand and kissed it.

"It's my pleasure to be in the presence of such a beautiful lady." Emilia blushed. I took this as my cue to leave the premises. Before I did I told Emilia that I was leaving, she just gave me a nod and continued talking with Jace.

I should be a match maker, seriously. I patted myself on the back. As I opened the door and took one step out, someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

I already knew who it was.

Everett.

"Why are you stalking my life Everett?" I said in a bored voice.

He laughed, seeming amused.

"I wasn't stalking you dear. I just wanted to talk."

"Okay how about, get the hell out of my face. There we just had a talk!" I spun around and headed out the door, only to be pulled back again.

"Listen you don't have to be a bitch, I just..." I stopped him right there. I had to laugh a little. He's calling ME a bitch! Ha!

"Listen the only bitch I see around here is you. I'm going to give you a little advice, get a dog because it's so obvious you need some lovin' in your life. After that maybe you should get a little some called I don't know a tooth brush and tooth paste. It really works miracles." I patted him on the back, and with my vampire speed, I ran all the way home.

As soon as I entered our room, Christian was lying on the bed fast asleep. I wonder where he's been all day?

I jumped in the bed, expecting to wake him, but all I got was a little groan.

So much for a romantic night.

I looked at the ceiling and remembered that today was our last night here. Where going to be headed god knows where. I sighed. Will this ever end? I rolled on my side.

I can't help, but feel that danger is coming our way. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

*WOW I'VE BEEN GONE A WHILE. THESE PAST DAYS I'VE BEEN READING A LOT OF BOOKS. ONE CAUSE I NEEDED A LITTLE INSPIRATION, AND TWO BECAUSE I JUST I HADN'T READ A FULL BOOK IN A WHILE. BUT NOW I'M BACK AND WITH SO MUCH INSPIRATION MY BRAIN CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND.