Chapter Twenty-Five

I awoke the next day with the biggest head-ache. Even so by mid morning we were back on the road. I didn’t know if I could go any further, I felt terrible but I sucked it up.

By the afternoon we reached a village. If I wasn’t so terribly sick I would have enjoyed the cozy feel it gave off. Christian got us rooms in a cute little inn owned by a nice old woman named Rosa. Once we got our rooms, I excused myself. I wanted some air.

“Rose, do you need company?” Christian asked. I didn’t want to say yes because I felt so sick, but I haven’t spent any alone time with him.

 “Yea sure.” He grabbed my hand, and we left.

Once we were a few houses away from the inn he pulled me into an alley way.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Listen I want to apologize for the other day. I was ignoring you and…” he ran his fingers through his hair. Just that one motion reminded me why I love him so much. “I was just a bit jealous that you spent the day with Emilia and not me. Yeah I know I’m such a child, but I can’t stand to be away from you.” He’s so adorable!

I grabbed him by the neck, and brought his lips to mine. I feel like we haven’t kissed in forever, even so this felt so good and by that I mean WONDERFUL. Once we separated I could see his beautiful smile. How I missed it.

He gave me a kiss on my cheek and then said “let’s get out of here.” I nodded. I mean an alley way is far from romantic. Once we escaped the alleyways horrific stench Christian pulled me inside of a shop. It didn’t seem to have a theme because it sold all sorts of things. From brooms to soap to jewelry.

I walked away from Christian, because something in the store caught my eye. When I reached it, I saw that it was two old antique amulets. One had a beautiful blue rhinestone smack in the center. And the outside was shaped like the sun. It was beautiful. The other looked like it was carved from bark and it was a rusty brown. It was NOT beautiful.

 I reached out to touch the pretty one when a voice nearly shook me out of my shoes.

“That’s a beauty you’ve picked out there. Isn’t it?” I looked over my shoulder to see a hunched back old lady. I almost cringed. “But the other is prettier, don’t you think?” she said pointing to the hideous one.

“Ahm, I wouldn’t call it pretty but how much is for the other one.” I said pointing to the one with the blue rhinestone.

She raised an eyebrow.

“Too expensive, but for you the other one is free. Take it.” She reached for the brown amulet and shoved it into my hands. I tried to push it back at her, but she just shoved it back into my hands.

“Miss I don’t want this-”

“Some things no matter how old they are never lose their beauty. While the pretty ones, just fade and disappear. Look past the glamour and you will find your answers.” With that the old woman turned and left. What is she talking about, look past what glamour?

Whatever! I took the stupid amulet and waited outside for Christian.

Once he came, we headed back to the inn. When suddenly he stopped me. I looked at him and he had the cookie monster grin on. I giggled (and I never giggle).

“Why so smiley smiley?” I asked.

“Oh it’s just that I got you a surprise.”

“Wha-”

“Close your eyes.” He said cutting me off. I did as told and five seconds later I felt something cold wrap around my wrists. I opened my eyes and looked down to find the cutest little bracelet. It had all types of roses hanging from it.

“It’s beautiful Christian!” I said in awe.

“I know, I mean I picked it out.” He said jokingly. “But seriously when I saw this I couldn’t stop myself from buying it. And crazy enough it has your name engraved in it. It’s like it was waiting for you.” I blushed. This is the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for me. Well it’s not like people do sweet things for me, so it’s the FIRST time someone’s done something sweet for me.

I grabbed him and kissed him. I could feel him lift me up and I already knew our destination.

The bedroom.

Once he busted through the door he laid me on the bed and started trailing kisses down my neck.

“Christian…” I mumbled. He started taking off my clothes one by one.

Once I was bare, he just watched me. If this were anyone else I would feel embarrassed, but it was Christian. My Christian.

I felt a small blush rise to my cheeks; sex is still fairly new to me so I’m still a bit nervous.

“I’ll go slow don’t worry.” He said smiling. I know he would. He would never want to hurt me.

He bent down and started caressing by body with his hands.

I moaned.

He got on top of me and I knew he was about to push ‘it’ in so I grabbed on to him and pushed him closer to me.

“Do it” I whispered, with a little too much lust, because he seemed to get riled up. He dug himself in me; slow enough where it was enjoyable, and intimate. In and out, slow and then fast.

You could hear the bracelet he gave me jingle a couple thousand times.

Once he slowed down, he came to my ear and whispered “I love you.” I smiled and whispered back.

“I love you to.”

He gently started to kiss my neck. I felt his teeth start to extract. He slid them into my neck and began to drink.

You would think that getting bitten by a vampire would hurt like a bitch, but you thought wrong. It felt like I was having sex all over again, but a thousand times more pleasurable.

I brought his neck down and started to drink. All the while thinking that he was forever mine.

I love Christian.

***

The next morning I felt like jelly, but a good just had sex jelly. If that makes sense. I felt Christian rustle, drawing me closer to him. I was practically pinned to his hard chest now. I sighed.

I had to pee, and it would take literally forever to escape his iron grip.

*TING

That was the light bulb going off in my head. I could teleport to the bathroom. Duh!

I thought of the bathroom and when I opened my eyes I was in front of Christian, next to the bed. I really need to work on my transporting skills.

I quickly grabbed a pillow and stuck it in Christian arms. He grabbed it immediately and started to squish it. To think that was me.

I silently laughed on the way to the bathroom but immediately stopped once I saw what was on the counter.

It was the brown amulet the old woman gave me. I was positive I left it in my jeans pocket. I walked passed it, but something whispered my name.

Rose...”  It said. “Put me on, quickly.”

I don’t know why I did, but I felt like I had to.

Once I finished my business I went back into Christians arms, all the while wearing the brown amulet. I didn’t know it then but, I had listened to the old woman.  Daniels vision had come true.