Chapter Twenty-One

Without hesitation I snatched my hands away from his. I saw him give me a little smirk.

“I’m sorry I made you uncomfortable Rose, but you are my wife now, and I have all the right to touch you in places that make you uncomfortable.” I looked him dead in the eyes and was astonished to realize that they were no longer black, but a crystal blue.

“Your eyes, there not black anymore.”

“You’re correct.” Is all he said.

For the first time since he came he took his eyes off me and rested them on the gypsy.

“Gypsy, thank you for delivering my dearest Rose, and as promised I will give you your reward.” He raised his hand as to give her something, when all of a sudden his hands went from being normal and smooth to shooting fire balls. He shot about five of them at her and she turned to ash.

I backed away from him, but his hand shot out to grab my own. I tried to pry them off, but his grip was unmovable.

“Why did you just …”

“Kill her? I despise gypsies. To think I had to work with her, only makes me cringe, but it was all worth it because now I have you.” Looking at him I could see his malicious and evil smile. What if one day he gets tired of my company and starts shooting fire balls at ME! Now everything started to come into focus.

I shouldn’t be here. I should be with Christian and Jace. This I wrong, I can’t marry him.

I had made my resolve. I have to get out of here; this man or thing is dangerous.

When his eyes were off me I took a chance and teleported out of his grip. I don’t know where I teleported, but all I know is that it was away from him. I thought of Christian the whole time, so I was expecting to show up at the inn, but unfortunately I was about 4 blocks away from it.

“Shit!” I took off running. I was just a block away when I saw a figure appear in the distance. I couldn’t make out the face, but I hoped to god it was Christian or Jace. I stopped running, so I could get a better look.

It looks like… like, oh shit. James! I turned the other direction and took off running, but was immediately pulled into the arms of someone.

“Let me go! I changed my mind; I don’t want to marry you I-”

“It’s too late for that Rose. I want you and nothing is going to change MY mind.” He stared at me, and it felt like his eyes were eating me alive.

I started kicking and screaming, when he spun me around and pushed me into a wall.

“I don’t want to hurt you Rose, but if you keep this up I just might.” I didn’t care if he hurt me I just wanted to get away from him.

“HELP!” I screamed over and over until he crashed his mouth to mine. He tried to stick his tongue down my throat, but I refused to let it happen.  He moved his lips from my mouth to my neck, and he started to suck on it.

I pressed my hands to his chest fighting to push him off but it was impossible. He was like an iron wall.

I took my chances and tried to teleport away from him. This time I was right outside the inn. As I ran to the door I screamed “Christian! Jace! Someone help me!”

I was so close, when a gush of wind slammed me backwards. I fell into someone’s arms.

I looked behind me hoping that it was someone I knew or anyone other than “James!”

“Yes it’s me Rose. I actually find this quite amusing. You running away, thinking that you can escape me. You know I always liked a good cat and mouse chase” He bellowed a laugh. “But I am getting tired so let’s go.”