Chapter Two

I woke up screaming and sweating. I had another one of 'those' nightmares. This happens every night. Every since that day, that dreadful, horrible day these nightmares penetrate my dreams. It starts out with me sitting at the dinner table eating, and then all of a sudden knifes, spoons, and cups fall and I look around to see that everyone is dead. Everything turns red and then, then comes the smell.

I push the last few images I have left of the nightmare to the back out my mind. I don't want to think about it anymore.

I take a shower, get dressed and head downstairs to get breakfast. Every step I take you hear a loud echo. This house is so vacant and empty you can literally hear a pin drop.

My aunt never comes home, some legal guardian she is. Even though I despise her company, right now all I want is for someone to just be here, with me.

I made some quick eggs, munched it down and walked to school. About 20 minutes later I arrive.

My school looks terrible, it can probably depress the happiest people in the world. With all the taxes we pay, why they can't afford to paint it a different color other than the dry looking grey. God only knows.

My day went like usual. First through fifth period I had to deal with The Ashley's bitching on and on about how I was never gonna get friends or a boyfriend blah blah blah. Then sixth through ninth just blew by, and the next thing I know it's the end of the day. TGIF!

I was heading to my locker; when all of a sudden I was bombarded by my money hungry 'friend' Lucy.

"Hey Rose. What's up?"

"Nothing mu ..." She cut me off

"So do you think I can borrow 30 dollars?" Whoa she's never asked for this much before.

"That's a lot! Why do you need so much?" She looked like she was in a hurry to get somewhere.

"Because The Ashley's asked me to come with them to the mall after school today" Ugh, really why do I keep her around if all she's going to do is fraternize with the enemy.

"No" I said bluntly

"Are you serious!?"

"As a heart attack." I said

"Fine! You know they were right about you. You really are a stuck up selfish bitc ..." She didn't even get to finish her last syllable because I had slapped her.

"How dare YOU of all people call me that! Who was the one who was there for you when they spilt your lunch all over your new clothes? ME! Who was the one who stood up to them when they called you a slut in class? ME! And now you go around and run to them when they call. Your PATHETIC!" I said all in one breath.

I turned around and stormed off. I hurried out of the school building so no one would see the tears that were already pouring down my face.

I guess NOW I have no friends.

______________________

__________