Chapter Fourteen

Christian

I'm such an idiot; I can't believe I said those things to her. It was just my first reaction to hearing her call me Jace. Now she's run off, and is probably never going to speak to me again. I paced around my room for a good ten minutes when I noticed that she had left her shoes. Unbelievable!

What an idiot, leaving her shoes here. I started to get a little worried because she's probably out in the cold forest by herself with no shoes on. What if she steps on something or what if something tries to attack her? Ugh there I go again, thinking about her well being. I don't even know why I care. But maybe I should just go and check if she's gotten herself killed.

I grabbed by jacket and flew out the door. The sky was already turning its usual grayish black; it's already starting to get late. I literally scaled every tree looking for her, but nowhere. Where is she?

It's been a day now and still haven't found her. I would be exhausted but vampires don't have to sleep on a regular basis like humans.

I can't believe I'm even out here looking for her. It's like I'm whipped. I mean I don't even think I like... I think, but there's this ... connection or pull I have towards her. I can't explain it, but I know I can't give up looking for her. If she was hurt somewhere out there I couldn't forgive myself.

I started walking, and before I knew it I was by the palace. I can already feel my brother's presence. God I hate him. After what he did I can never forgive him. My thoughts were interrupted by someone. I looked up and noticed that it was Jack.

"Who are you and what are ... Christian is that you. What happened to you? You look like you've been to hell and back. And you know you shouldn't be on the property, Jace would have a bitch fit if he saw you."

"I don't give a rat's ass if Jace catches me out here. Anyways have you seen a girl, short with black hair?"

"Ah yeah, last time I saw her she was heading to the garden-" I sped off.

Before I knew it I was in the garden. I looked around until I spotted her angelic body lying down on a bench. She's so beautiful, before I could protest my feet were already on the move towards her. I was trying to be stealthy but failed because I had stepped on a stick. She quickly got up. Crap!

"Who's there?" she said. I didn't reply.

"If it's you Jace, just come out." I still didn't say anything. I saw her turn and started to leave. I didn't want her to leave so I started to walk towards her. As soon as I got in sight her eyes widened.

"Christian?" she said

"Hey Rose." I said lamely.

"Christian what happened, you look like hell?" I didn't respond. I just walked over to her and said "You left your shoes at my place." I handed them to her, took a few steps back and just stared at her.

I could feel her aura changing from a relaxing blue to a steaming red.

"Is that all you have to say to me?"She said looking hurt. I could feel a pain in my heart. Just seeing her upset had me crumbling inside. I dropped my head, and stuck my hands in my jeans pocket

"I- I didn't mean those ..." I mumbled. I was interrupted by someone calling "Rose! Are you out here? Oh there you are ... What the- Christian what the hell are you doing here!?" Just perfect, Jace is here.

I saw him reach for Rose and grabbed her so that she was now behind him. I took my hands out of my pockets and took a step forward. I started to get angry. "Don't grab her like that!" I yelled. He wasn't fazed, he still held on to her as if I was some demon.