Chapter Twenty

I don’t know what to do.

I don’t want to marry James, but if I don’t he might kill Jace and Christian. Shit! Then again if I do they’ll be safe.

I walked around for I don’t know how long, but I had made my decision. At midnight tomorrow I would sneak out and leave. It’s my only option. I started biting my nails; it’s a nasty habit of mine when I’m nervous. I started to wonder if maybe it would be better if I left. I mean now Christian can go back to his normal life and Jace can actually find someone worthy of his love.

I think it would be best for everyone.

I suddenly stopped in my tracks because what the gypsy said started to sink in.

I can absorb gifts. I looked at my hands. How could someone like me have such amazing power? I decided to test them out. I remembered the white witch at the inn teleported. I wondered if I could do it.

I closed my eyes and thought of the inn. I wanted to see Christian so bad. Today was going to be the last day spent with him.

I felt a rush of wind, and when I opened my eyes I was right in front of the inn.

“Wow” it’s true. I really can absorb gifts, but I can’t tell Jace or Christian. They would freak. I walked through the inn doors and was immediately hit with a bucket load of yells and screams.

“WHERE WERE YOU?” Jace screamed.

“I went-”

“WE WERE SO WORRIED ROSE! WHY WOULD YOU RUN OFF WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING? I was about to rip apart this whole town looking for you.” Christian yelled.

“I just-” Suddenly Jace attacked me with a bone crushing hug.

“Jace you’re squeezing me.” he immediately let go.

“I just missed you so much. Don’t leave me again Rose. You have to promise me.” I couldn’t look him in the eyes.

“Jace-” his lips were on top of mine within seconds. I didn’t know how to react, I just stood there frozen.

Once his lips made contact with mine, I could feel the rage coming off Christian. I felt Jace’s body being ripped away from mine’s. Christian was in front of me now.

“Christian what the hell are you doing!” Jace yelled

“What does it look like idiot.”

“Listen you imbecile I’m starting to think you’re jealous of my relationship with Rose. Every time I get near her you’re there trying to break us up. I’m tired of it and next time you do it were gonna have a real problem.” Jace oozed anger.

“Your gonna have to deal with it because I have feelings for Rose and I refuse to let your greasy lips touch hers, and if I ever see you touch her again WERE going to have problems.” They were at each other’s throats. I have to break this up.

“Guys! Listen I’m sorry that I disappeared like that. I … I just wanted some fresh air. Okay, I’m sorry.” With that I turned around and ran up to my room.

I don’t think I can stay with them any longer. It seems like all I do is cause problems. There always bickering because of me. I shouldn’t of led either of them on like that, now there’s some fucked up love triangle and I’m the cause of it.

I packed up the few things that I had, and was ready for my escape. With my new power I can just transport myself to the gypsy’s shop. I said my silent goodbyes and was about to make my escape when

*KNOCK*

I walked to the door and opened it.

“Christian? Why are you-”

“Rose where did you go today?” he said letting himself in.

“I told you already, I went for a walk.”

“Stop the bullshit Rose. I could tell you were lying. Your aura was wavering, and it was a faint purple. So I also know that you were scared, but you were trying to hide it from me. Why?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Christian.” I laughed shakily. Shit, how could I forget his gift? He could see right through me.

I looked away.

“Rose.” He grabbed on to my arm and spun me around so I was facing him. How could I meet his gaze, when I was about to betray him and his brother.

Within seconds he pinned me to the wall.

“Rose why won’t you look at me. What are you hiding?”

“I…I can’t tell you.”

“Rose-”

“Everything’s fine Christian. Don’t worry about me… I’m fine.” I felt the waterfall ready to make its way from my eyes. Curse my stupid crying glands.

He lifted his hand so that it was caressing my cheek. He slowly wiped the tears away.

“Christian don’t.” It felt so good to be touched by him but it was making matters worse.

 I guess me getting all riled up from his touch made one of my powers go off, because all of a sudden there was this huge gust of wind in the room. He removed his hands and looked around trying to find the source of the commotion. When he didn’t find it, his eyes started to move back to mine, when he went rigid.

“Rose whose bags are those?” Aw hell. He found my bags. I cursed myself.

“Oh! Ahm those are mine. I just forgot to unpack my things, so there still in the bag.”

“You’re lying.” He looked at me, his eyes boring holes into mine.

“Where are you going?”

“No where Christian.” His eyes seemed to soften but I could still tell he was suspicious of me.

Slowly He rested his lips on mine, I couldn’t fight the temptation. I kissed back. It was so sweet and passionate, but I knew it couldn’t last forever. I knew this was the time to leave before I changed my mind and stayed here forever in his arms. As soon as I had room to talk I said

“Christian I order you to leave me.” He looked up at me with confusion and hurt in his eyes.

“What are you talking about-?”

“LEAVE! And don’t look back.” I could see him fighting my compulsion. He reached out to me, but it was too late. His feet were already moving to the door. He paused for a second and was gone.

I ran to my bags and teleported out of there before anyone else came.

When I opened my eyes I was in front of the gypsy’s shop. Inside of the shop I could feel something dark, but I held my head high and walked in.

“I’m here.” I said.

“I know child. I could sense you.”

“I see. So when am I gonna meet this majesty of yours”

“Sooner than you think.” I heard loud footsteps approaching me. I turned around I met the darkest most beautiful black eyes. His face matched as well. It was carved like an angel, but I knew that behind that pretty mask held something horrible. I could feel it.

“Hello beautiful.” He grabbed my hands and gave it a long and intimate kiss.

“I’m James.”