Chapter Twenty-Seven

The next time I awoke it was to the feeling of water being splashed in my face. I abruptly shot up. I looked up and saw Luna.

“Get up, we have to get you ready for the wedding.” I rose and walked into the bathroom. I felt so empty, almost like a ghost. I have no more energy to argue or protest.  When I got out there were a ton of people in the room. They all stared at, me. I didn’t even give them a second glance as I absently put on the gown.

It was a strapless, long, almost too long white wedding dress. It had a purple ribbon across my abdominal area.  I looked at myself up and down. Every-one thought it was the most beautiful dress they’ve ever seen. Even Luna commented.

I, on the other hand thought it was hideous. But I kept my thoughts to myself. The only thing I had on that was mine, was the stupid necklace that old woman gave me. Oddly enough it didn’t clash with the dress.

“Ok every leave the room.” Luna said pushing every-one out. Once they left, I dropped in the bed. Tears ran from my eyes.

“You shouldn’t cry. Your makeup will run.” I just stared at the ceiling. How dare she tell me NOT to cry? I was in some shit hole, about to marry some shit prince. They are going to have to pry open my mouth before I saw ‘I do’.

Before I go into silent mode, I had to ask her one thing.

“Why did you join forces with such an evil person.” I looked her straight in the eyes.

She got silent.

“He promised a better life for me. He promised me a family.”

“Does your family order you around? Or tell you to kill people?” she went silent again. Of course they don’t. She’s been clouded. I walked out the room, and headed down the direction to the ceremony.

Once I reached the doors, someone stopped me and gave me a bouquet of dead Roses. I cringed. The person said “When the music sounds, Luna will escort you down the aisle.” I completely ignored the guy.

I wasn’t marrying James. I’m going to have to make a quick escape plan. I scanned the area. The wedding was outside, so I couldn’t possibly escape once I reached out there. They would catch me in the blink of an eye. My instincts were tell me to transport out of the place, but I remembered I had no powers. I sighed, feeling even more drained than before.

Fortunately for me when I looked up I noticed a window. It was a bit small, but I’ll take what I got.

I started to take a step back, when a hand pushed me forward.

Someone leaned in and whispered in my ear. “I hope you’re not trying to escape. There are two vampires outside that window, and if you were even to touch the railings they would be on you like white is on rice.”

I knew that voice. It was Luna.

I closed my eyes in defeat. I heard the music play. That was my cue to walk out. Luna started pushing me to the door.

“No!”I yelled.

She gave one big shove and I was out the door. Heads turned, as I stumbled out. I quickly composed myself. Luna looped her hands around mine, and we began our descend.  I decided if I was going to marry him, might as well make it as long as possible.

I took the tiniest step man could ever take. The person playing the song had to slow down the music to my pace. I laughed internally. From the alter, I could see James getting angry. Good! Luna didn’t dare push me to go faster, because if I did she knew I would trip and fall. Then James would get upset with her.

She’s always trying to please him, so I knew she wouldn’t try it.

From where I stood I could see the muscles in James’s face tense up. I cracked a smile. I saw his eyes widen. I think he realized that I was doing it on purpose because he took two large strides grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me to the altar.