Chapter Ten

"So, where should we look first?" I asked Christian.

"I don't know" he shrugged.

"What?!?" I screamed.

"I'm just kidding, relax. Where going to my house first." He said with a hint of a smirk.

"Why your house?"

"So I can rest, duh." Seriously don't know why I even asked. He's so lazy!

"Whatever then, I m going home." I spun around and started walking in the opposite direction, but he grabbed my hand.

"Not so fast. I need to show you something."

"And what is that?" I looked at him skeptically.

"It's nothing bad. I need to show you how to get to our world." I never thought about how to get there. It was always a wonder to me how Jace was just able to speed right into his world.

"How?" I asked.

"Simple, there are these breaks in space, there almost like portals. When you step through them it transports you to wherever you want to go in the vampire world. You just have to know where they are. The closest one to you is in the forests by Jace's mansion."

"So how come no humans have stumbled upon one?"

"Because it's been glamoured. A human would just walk right through it." Glamoured? I wonder how much other things I don't know about their world.

"Thanks for the information Christian. I'll head home now." I turned around again, but he hauled me up bridal style and started speeding down the street. I see he shares some characteristics with his brother. As soon as we reached our destination, I jumped out his arms and screamed "Why did you do that?"

He raised his hand up in a defensive motion. "I didn't want to leave a pretty lady to walk home by herself. It's very un-gentleman like."

"Oh so you just pick me up without my permission, and run off?" I said.

"Sorry, I knew you wouldn't allow me to pick you up if I asked, so I did the honors." Some gentlemen he is. I looked around at my surroundings, and I noticed that we weren't by the alley way anymore. I was in his world now, well my world now too. I sighed. I don't know if I could handle all the new expectations of becoming a vampire. The drinking blood, the new rules, It was all too much. What if I become a terrible vampire? What if I don't know my own strength's and I hurt people. What if I become like the man who killed my family... I felt a tear escape my eyes.

"You're crying Rose." I spun around, I didn't want him to see me cry. It was too embarrassing.

"Rose please look at me." I didn't, I couldn't.

"I'll be right back, I just need a moment." I started to walk off into the woods. Christian grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"Rose what's the matter. I know you wouldn't just start crying without a reason." I didn't respond. I didn't want to tell him anything about my past.

"Rose look at me, please" I couldn't, not without bawling. I shook my head in refusal, but he spun my head around so my eyes met his golden ones. I could already feel the mass amount of tears ready to pool out of my eyes.

"I...I just-"I stuttered.

"You don't have to explain anything to me Rose. If it makes you feel any better, I promise you that I will help you look for this vampire." I smiled, is he really trying to comfort me? I would've never expected it from him.

"Thank you" I replied. He leaned in and gave me a bone crushing hug. I was surprised at first, but I fell right into his arms. He smelled wonderful. It was a combination of fresh earth, and a hint of magnolia flowers. I could get lost in him forever, but just when I felt myself deepen in his touch he pulled us apart. I instantly snapped myself out of my trance. I looked up at him, and he had this confused face as if he was trying to decipher something. I could almost see a hint of a blush rising in his cheeks. No, it couldn't be, Christian wouldn't be blushing. I was staring at him and he was staring at me.