Chapter Sixteen

"Ugh! How much further do we have to go? This is insane Christian! How much longer? Are we even close to our destination? Are there any houses nearby? I'm thirsty and ..."

"WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY! We're not going to get there anytime soon, so be quiet and just WALK!" Sheesh, I didn't know I was being such a bother. It's been a whole day and we haven't spotted any houses, shops or well anything but trees. Christian led us to a hidden pathway through the forest, and he says it's going to lead us to where we need to go. I don't see how. I mean all it is, is a dirt road. He makes it sound like it's the yellow brick road and it's going to lead us strait to Oz.

I looked behind me to check up on Jace. He had to walk in behind while Christian had to walk in front of me because they can't be trusted near each other. It would result in World War III and also because I needed to be guarded from attacker's front and back.

As soon as he caught me watching he smiled. I smile back and turn around. I wonder what he might be thinking about. I didn't think much of it so I started looking around and seeing if I might catch something to appeal to my un-enthusiasm. I look to my right, nothing. I look to my left and AHA! I found something shiny and sharp  (I have my childish moments).

I look up and noticed that Jace and Christian had both stopped for a water break. So I tiptoed my way over and sought out the lost treasure. As soon I laid my eyes on it, I made a small gasp. It was a dagger. I've never seen a dagger before. Well maybe at party city, but that doesn't even compare to what I'm seeing now.

The handle had a beautiful gold and silver lining, and it was as big as my forearm. The body of the dagger was a radiant silver. I held it up like how the monkey in The Lion King held up baby Simba.

"Rose, stop playing with the grass and let's go." Christian yelled. I quickly stashed the dagger in my little bag. I know it will come in handy somewhere along the line.

"Alright coming"

***

"Ok were gonna rest here for the night." Christian had led us deep within the forest where we found a small area away from the path. I dropped to the floor tired, and sweating from all the walking. I looked up and saw that the boys were missing. I immediately shot up. "Where ..."

"Relax sweetie, we just went to get some wood." Jace said leaning in for a kiss. I dodged him so that his lips made contact with my cheek.

As soon as I looked up I caught Christian's death glare. I quickly looked away.

"Sweetie, I need to go back out so I can fetch us some dinner." He said smiling at me. He looked at Christian and said "Behave or else" and with that was gone.

I could already feel the hate seeping out of Christian. Wait! Did I just say I can feel it? That's weird. I must be mistaken; I mean a vampire can't have two gifts. Can they?

"Christian, can a vamp have two gifts?" he turned and looked at me.

"Of course not, it's impossible. A vamp can barely manage one let alone two."

"Oh..."

"But I only know of one tribe of vampires that can have multiple gifts. They are the original vamps, the firsts, but I heard that all their descendents have died off."

"And how do you know that?"

"Because they were like gods to the vampires, they were loved by many but also hated by many. They say that if you suck the blood from the heart of an original, you will become all powerful. Basically an immortal."

"Immortal?" I said to myself.

"Why did you want to know?" he looked at me while raising an eyebrow.

"Oh no reason. I just wanted to catch up on my vamp studies." I said while smiling.

"Weirdo" he said.

As soon as his back was towards me, I dropped my smile. How can I have two gifts? Maybe... maybe it's nothing. I mean Christian has so much hate towards his brother I bet every one can 'feel' it.

I must've dazed off for a while because as soon as I looked back up, Christian's shirt was off and he was chopping wood. Oh lord, I was gonna faint right there. He was so sculpted, and muscular. His abs, oh god his abs had a perfect 8-pac. I hadn't even realized that I had gotten up and started to walk towards him. I was so close to touching him when I quickly snapped out of it. I can't touch him; he's the one who says he doesn't want me. So what good would it do if I go and touch his beautiful body. I took a step back, then another.

He doesn't want me. Jace does.

By now I was back to my original spot. I looked up at the dark sky and prayed to god that I would get through this without being tempted.

"I'm back!" Jace yelled, while zooming his way up to me. He had about ten fishes in one hand and three rabbits in the other.

"Amazing Jace! How did you catch so many?"

"My mad skills" I laughed.

"I love when you laugh Rose. You should do it more often" I blushed. He took a step forward and I took one back. He took another step, and then I bumped into a tree. I know what's coming, he's going to kiss me and then Christian will get angry and ...

Wait!

Why do I even care about what Christian thinks? He doesn't even want me in that way, and I know he doesn't care about me.

I took a step forward and collided my lips with Jace's. Our tongues entwined and I placed my legs in between his manhood. I felt his arms tighten around my back. This felt good, but ... not right. It didn't feel like Christians kisses. Ugh! There I go again. I decided to forget about him and push myself deeper into Jace. Then out of nowhere there was no more Jace. I opened my eyes and found Christians back to me.

"Christian what the hell are you doing!" he ignored me, and continued to stare daggers at Jace. I could feel the hatred coming off him again.

"Christian..."

"I'm going to get more wood for the fire, Rose will you join me."

"What- wait why are you pulling me." What is wrong with him? He interrupts me and Jace kissing and then he takes me away with him to go get wood? Has he taken a sip of crazy juice.

"Christian let go, you're hurting me." His hand didn't even budge.

I've had enough of this shit!

"CHRISTIAN LET GO!" I could feel him struggle with my compulsion, but in the end he did as told.

"I don't know what came over you. Dragging me out here like some dog."

"What do you expect me to do, when you're slogging down my brother's saliva!" he made it sound like I was doing something dirty.

"So what! It's none of your business what your brother and I do. We're together, that's what couples do!"

"It is my business when you're doing it right in front of me."

"Why do you even care, just turn your back and don't look." He looked flustered.

"I don't care! It's just the thought of you kissing disgusts me." No he didn't! At first I thought he might be jealous, but I guess I thought wrong.

"YOU ASSHOLE! You're such a jerk! All this time I tried to spare your feelings, and I even shunned Jace away when he tried to kiss me so that it would never get awkward. To think that I actually cared about you. Don't ever speak to me again!" I turned around and stomped away. The tears already falling from my eyes. How could he?

Christian's P.O.V

Shit shit shit shit!

*** comment, vote or do both. (That rhymes!)

I would love to hear what you have to say!