Chapter Twelve

It’s been a good two days and Jace still refuses to let me out of his sight. I mean every corner I take he’s there with “what are you doing?” or “where are you going?” Seriously, I need to breath. So here I am hiding in one of his many rooms. I’m literally hiding behind a lamp shade because I just had to pick the room without closets. Although I’m stuck in here by myself it gives me the opportunity to think about what I’m going to do with telling Jace about my little adventure I have planned. I don’t think he will take it well. I mean look at him now, he wouldn’t let me out of his sights.

I was too busy thinking about what I was going to do that I didn’t realize the door bursting open. And guess who it was!

“Rose why have you been hiding from me?” Jace asked. I made up a quick lie.

“Oh ah… I thought we were playing hide and seek.”

“Oh are we.” In seconds I was pinned against the wall. He put his face by my ear and said “If I knew we were playing I would of found you the minute you said go, but since you were cheating you have to be punished.” He started kissing, matter a fact sucking on my neck. I closed my eyes in pleasure. I think I let out a moan. He seemed to use this as the opportunity to move his body closer to mine. Close enough where I could feel his manhood.

He started to move his lips closer and closer to my mouth. He was so close until I remembered what I had done with Christian. I can’t do this to Jace.

I pushed him off me with a little bit too much force. He went flying and would have hit the wall, but being Jace he stopped himself just feet away from the wall.

“Shit! I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to push you that hard. I’m sorry-”

“It’s alright Rose. I know you can’t exactly control your powers, you don’t have to apologize.” He's so understanding. I bet if that was Christian he would had a bitch fit… Christian.

“Rose you look upset.”

“Oh …its nothing.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive. I’m a little bit hungry though.”

“Okay, let’s go downstairs and eat then.” He grabbed my hand and led me downstairs. I felt like a puppet being dragged around. I was so out of it. Did I really miss Christian that much? Nah, it’s not possible. I don’t like Christian and he doesn’t like me, so why am I so worked up? I need to stop thinking about him, starting now.

When we reached the dining hall, we were served almost immediately. The first thing they gave me was a goblet of blood. I’ve learned over the past days to suck it up and just drink it, and I’ve actually come to like it. Yeah I know, its sick but I’ll die without it so I have no options. While I was gulping down the blood I happened to catch Jace staring at me. I put the cup down and wiped my mouth. I bet I look like a slob right now.

“Sorry, I know how I must look-”

“No you look beautiful, always. I was just wondering how someone like me could be lucky enough to be with you.”

“Ha, I should be saying that about you.” I smiled at him.

“You know Rose when you ran away from me that day, it almost broke my heart. I looked for you everywhere. Your house, your school but you were nowhere. I thought you actually left me… for good. And then when I saw you with Jack I blew up. Thinking about it now I’m getting pissed.” He clenched his fists. I didn’t think he actually came looking for me. Its sweet.

“I didn’t know, I just automatically thought you gave up.”

“I will never give up on you Rose… never” He had this possessive look in his eyes. For a second it looked malicious, but then his eyes returned to its normal loving golden eyes. He reached for my hands, and entwined our fingers together. He started to lean in when someone burst through the door and ruined our almost perfect moment. I looked to see who it was and noticed that it was Jack. Whoa, his arm was in a cast and he still had some bruises on his face. I felt a little sorry for him.

“Your majesty.” He bowed. “Can I speak with you for a second? It’s about the recent attack on one of the local villages.”

“Yes Jack, I’ll be there. Just give me one second with my wife.” Wife? I almost forgot we had gotten married. I’m his wife… his wife. I know I should be ecstatic to hear him say that but I’m not. He turned to me and said “I have urgent matters to attend to. Please do excuse me.” He gave me a peck on the cheek and was gone.

I rubbed the spot where he kissed me. It almost didn’t feel right.

 I lost my appetite, so I decided to explore a little. First, I went to the library. It took me a good twenty minutes to find it, and once I got there it took another good half hour to get to the fiction section. It was just that big. After my little escapade with that, I wondered outside. Awaiting me was this huge garden.  Garden is such an understatement, it looked like a meadow.   

I’m not one to fancy flowers and gardens but this was so beautiful. I never new colors like this existed. I mean it looked like it came out of a skittles bag. ‘Taste the Rainbow’. I giggled to myself.

I walked around until I found a bench. I decided that I would lie down, and look at the sky. 10 minutes of looking at random shaped clouds, my eyes started getting heavy; I was so close to falling asleep when I heard a twig snap. I bolted straight up, and looked around.

“Who’s there?” No answer.

“If it’s you Jace, just come out.” Nothing again, I was about to turn and run when I heard footsteps walking towards me. Oh God! I started to see the outline of someone. I couldn’t make out who it was; I took a few steps back. Then the figure started to come into sight and … and, is that Christian?

“Christian?”

“Hey Rose.”

***