Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Six

*Warning, this chapter contains some violence and blood*

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter Thirty Four

Drew’s POV

            Upon seeing the bright red blood splattered on the steps all thoughts of being quiet and sneaking up on Blaine vanish from my mind. My vision turns cloudy with rage and my heart pounds in my chest as I aim my gun sneaking along the walls, I’m prepared to kill.

            I feel no remorse at the thought of murdering someone, nothing. I feel contentment at the thought of killing that f***** that makes my girl fear for her life. She’s living her life knowing that he’ll come back for her and tonight that’ll be no more. She’ll be able to live her life with peace of mind knowing that he’s dead, and he won’t be coming back for her.

            The halls are dim, the shack is shady. The wooden floors creak poorly under my weight, the timber walls pressing into my back transporting nervous chills up and down my spine.

Turning a corner, I notice four thickset men standing with their hands clamped to their small handguns, their bird like eyes flicking around the hall. I rip the silencer from the back of my jeans, jamming it onto my gun before aiming at the first guy’s chest and firing.

            His eyes enlarge as the bullet tares all the way through his body, blood seeping out from around the wound. He stares down at it, blood bubbling out from his open mouth. His buddies stare at him briefly before loading their guns, firing everywhere in the hall not spotting me. The guy with the bullet wound above his heart crashes to the floor his eyes wide.

            Gulping and thinking only of Harmony and not the fact that I just killed a person for the first time, I shoot at the last three men hitting each of them in the same position I hit the first guy. I fire a couple more shots at them to take them out faster then the first guy, they too crash to the floor with blood leaking from their open mouths and their eyes wide with alarm.

            I flee the scene racing down the hallway. Blaine had to have heard the sounds of those guns; he has to know that I’ve taken out most of his men. If he’s smart, he would’ve taken Harmony and ran but considering he called Ian just to let Harmony talk to me smart is not the first word that comes to mind when I think of him.

            Kicking down every door in my sight I inspect each room quickly for Harmon ready to shoot Blaine if I happen to come across him in a different room. None of the room’s on the top level. I enter the last room on the upper level and stop dead in my tracks when a loud bang echoes through the shack followed by an all too familiar scream.

            My heart leaps into overdrive at the sound of her voice and knowing she’s in the shack. Then another bang and another scream follow and I know something good is not going down in the attic.

            I race out of the room and tare down the hall, throwing myself up the latter of the attic. I lob all of my body weight at the small closed off opening door to the attic shouting her name at the top of my lungs.