Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty

• Dedicated to Nurse Melissa and Aaron

Hey guys,

I am sorry for the wait, truly. Someone very special to me was in a coma and I just couldn't write. As of Thursday, he's no longer in the coma and I snuck down to see him.

Also, I rewrote the first chapter of this story while I was in the hospital, so go check it out. I think it's way better. And I have Angelic_1 to thank for her amazing help in rewriting it. I will, be rewriting the first couple chapters because I notice they need some work. So please check them out if you have time.

Then to make things worse, I accidentally tripped and landed on my stick drive, crushing it. I lost this chapter that I had had written already. I had to rewrite it again and then my dad came home so I had to spend some time with him, which is why this chapter is so delayed. Sorry again guys, but I'll let you get to it. I'm sure you'll be thanking me later :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Twenty

Harmony's POV

          My mouth drops open. I pull away from Drew, shooting him an apologetic smile as I whirl on my heel and hurry away, heading for the house, without looking back.

          I didn't expect I'd ever see her again. Raina Kingston. It came as somewhat of a shock to me, and I can't deal with it now.

 I just told Drew a huge part of my past, now Raina shows up, bringing a whole other chapter with her. I plan on telling Drew, just not so soon after I told him about Blaine. If I stuck around Raina long enough, she'd blurt something out and that would be it. I'd have to tell Drew. I'll probably have to tell him tonight anyway. I just can't turn and march away without him being suspicious.

I know he won't ask me to tell him, but he'll be thinking it. I can't leave him hanging like that.

I stop on the side of the pool, where surprisingly, there's no one. I yank off my gladiator sandals, sitting on the side to dangle my feet in the water, softly humming Lips of an angel.

I wonder if Raina noticed it was me. If she did, what is she thinking? Is she mad at me because I took off without saying anything to her? Was she expecting that reaction?

So many questions with only one person to give me the answers. I'll talk to her eventually. Probably the next time I run into her. If I'm brave enough to face that part of my past.

Tonight when I tell Drew, he'll most likely tell me what I should do. Drew's like that; he has an answer for everything.

Only, will I be brave enough to actually talk to her? I haven't seen her since the night her wedding was called off. She could be a totally different person. Would she even want to talk to me, is the better question. She did run away without taking me.

That hurt, though I'd never tell her that. She promised that once she and Drake had returned from their honeymoon, she would come for me. But what did she do? The minute her wedding was called off, she used me as a sob pillow and took off while I was asleep. When she needed me no longer.

I never once thought that I was mad with her for leaving without me. Leaving me to run away on my own which led to being arrested and almost sent to jail. But after seeing her again, I know I am mad with her. She's my sister, and she just abandoned me when things went wrong for her.