Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Four

• Dedicated to The people suffering in Japan

Hey y'all,

This one isn't very long, I had nothing else to fit into it without ruining the next chapter. Also, I've been writing this since I got home from school which means all my homework is still waiting to be done.

I'll let you get to it though without my blabbering,

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Twenty Four

Drew’s POV

I couldn’t believe my ears, and I’m sure it’s written on my face because Mony smiles sadly, her eyes filling with tears and honesty. I shake my head angrily gripping her hand in mine tighter. Wiping away her fallen tears with my thumb, I force myself to stay planted to the bed.

“Mony Peaches, where is he?” I ask, trying to make it come out gentle but instead it sounds like a demand.

Mony shakes her head, snuggling into my chest so I can’t see her face, “I’m not telling you, I don’t want you to go after him and get hurt”

I reach down, tilting Mony’s head up towards mine. “Blaine couldn’t hurt me Mony, I’m a trained Police Officer nothing can hurt me if I watch myself. He hurt you Harmony, and I want him too pay. If you don’t tell me where he is, I can’t do that”

Harmony roughly shakes her head, placing her hands over mine. “I can’t let you do that D. If you get hurt or arrested, I couldn’t handle it.” Mony sighs looking into my eyes, and whispers “I need you. I need you to be there for me, I need you to be the only person to stick around. I need you to stay in one piece because if you got hurt because of something as stupid as me, I could never live with the regret”

My face turns to one of shock at two things. One, Harmony just admitted she needed me, something I never thought she’d say much less feel. Two, she thinks protecting her is stupid. For me, that is not the case. She doesn’t even know why her sister left, funny it’s for the same reason. To protect her.

I bend my face down until its level with hers, gazing sternly into her yes. “Harmony Kingston, I would give anything to protect you because that is my job, as a police officer, as your boyfriend. You are not stupid, protecting something as special as you sounds like a pretty good way to go if I were to get hurt. Because if you were hurt, I couldn’t deal with it knowing I could’ve done something to stop it from happening. If Blaine hurt you once, he’ll do it again Mony, but I can stop him. I will stop him. He hurt you, getting hurt protecting you is better then you getting hurt again.”

“I can’t stand the thought of him being around you Mony,” I sigh “He did something totally unforgivable to you. He committed a CRIME, and he needs to pay for it. I need you, I couldn’t, I won’t, watch you get hurt again”

Harmony gazes up at me, her eyes flowing with tears, her lip trembling. Her fingers curl around my hand, her eyes still holding mine. Then, she bursts into tears. Her body quivering and quacking with the force of her sobs. She clutches onto my hand likes her life force, choking. As I get over the initial shock of Harmony’s crying, I pull her to my chest, wrapping my arms around her quivering form.

“Oh god what did I say? Shit Mony, I’m sorry” I cry feeling awful that I made her cry.

Harmony shakes her head vigorously, trying her best to stop the flow of tears. “Nothing Drew, you said everything right, these are happy tears, happy tears. No one has ever said anything like that to me before; no one has ever done anything to keep me safe. I can’t let you do anything to risk your safety Drew which is why I am not telling you where Blaine is. Just-“Mony pauses, gulping, “Stay by my side, beside me, until we go home”

I smile, deciding it would be best to drop the Blaine subject, I don’t want to see a sad Harmony, it kills me. Watching her cry and feeling so helpless, is the worse emotion in the world. Next to knowing the person who raped my Harmony is close by. I will however, find Blaine and make him pay for what he did. I’ll kill him if I have to, without getting hurt. For Harmony.

          “I’ll be right beside you Mony, whether you want me there or not” I promise sincerely.

          Harmony smiles softly and snuggles into my chest, her eyes fluttering to a close.

“I’ll always want you there” I hear Mony whisper before drifting off into a deep sleep.

“Well that’s good, because I’m not going anywhere” I murmur, brushing away her stray tears.

Harmony sighs happily in her sleep, tucking her head under my chin. I watch her face as she sleeps, thinking of Blaine.

Who is he? Is he at my house? Where did she see him? Was he the cause of her fainting spell?

Just thinking of him sends me into a fit of rage. What he did to Harmony was wrong, and he deserves whatever I give him. If it weren’t for him, Harmony might at least be somewhat happy. Maybe she wouldn’t of broken into the drug store if she hadn’t of met him. Or maybe because of her parents, she would’ve. I may not know everything that happened in Harmony’s life; what affected her and what left her scarred. I do know, that what Blaine did, was something that will forever haunt her. Something so horrible, that no human being should ever go through.

What gets me is he did it to Harmony. Harmless Harmony who had no idea what was coming. Harmony, whom he purposed to. Harmony, whose heart he broke into two that day, whose body he invaded forcefully. Harmony, the sweetest and kindest person I know, he hurt. Badly.

Harmony, the girl whom I am totally unconditionally in love with.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So, first matter of business. The Prologue. Today is the LAST day it'll be up. I plan on deleting it later tonight or tomorrow morning possibly so I can edited it and fix it up a little bit before I upload it. Meaning, if you haven't read it yet and you want to, give me a shout. I wouldn't want you to miss it if you want to read it.

Secondly, I've decided to make a Living With series. When this one is finished, I'll be uploading Living With A Hockey Player, book 2. I've mentioned it in the last couple chapters and people have been asking me if any of the Living With A Police Officer characters will show up in it. To answer your question, yes but none of them will have a big part. I have an possible idea for a third book, but I don't know if I want to roll with it yet. If I do decide to upload it, it won't be until I'm finished the second book. 

Thirdly, questions of the day!! Yay, what do you think Drew will do? Will he hunt down Blaine? Will he let it slide? What about Harmony? Do you think she'll be okay knowing Blaine is around? Will she tell Drew who he is?

Song of the day, One Night Stand by Hinder.

Oh yes, I changed my name if you guys were wondering why it's because my mum found out about my writing and when she saw this website open she started to get suspissious. Of course she just happened to see my name and because I don't want her to read my writing, I changed it. It was time for a change anyway.

Comment

Vote

Fan

Peace and love,

Lauren