Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Six

Here it is y'all. Not as long as I usually try to make them but eh you know :) Lool enjoy! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty Six

Drew’s POV

            The truck races along the damp roads, the sounds of water droplets hitting the windshield echo in my jumbled thoughts. I clutch onto the steering wheel for support to keep from exploding all my anger out here. The anger pulses through my veins giving me energy to do what I came here to do.

            “Drew you’re driving around randomly, do you have any clue where Harmony even is?” Sassy demands fixing her lip gloss in her tiny compact mirror.

            I shake my head unable to laugh at her because of the anger I feel in my veins.

 I don’t know where she is. I thought that it would come to me once we started driving. I thought long and hard about it while we were on the boat. But nothing comes to mind. I know I know where she is, it’s just hidden underneath all the fond memories I have of her and I.

I don’t answer her. I clear my mind and focus on the road, letting my thoughts drift to her.

Mony Peaches where are you?

And as soon as I think that thought, Ian’s phone rings. A shrill sound slicing the silence of the truck. Ian signals for me to turn of the road and following his instructions I do so. I steer the car off the road and turn to him, my eyes wide. Sassy leans forward in between the space where the armrest is to listen.

Ian glances at the caller ID and his eyes widen. He flips open the phone mouthing “It’s Him” My hands clench into fists and I jester for Ian to put it on speaker phone, and he does so.

“What do you want Blaine?” Ian hisses.

I hear Blaine’s wicked chuckle from the other end, “Nothing much, just wanted you to hear for yourself”

There’s a shuffling noise on the other end of the phone and a whimper of pain after Blaine’s shouting.

“Drew” An all too familiar voice whimpers from far away on the other end.

My heart squeezes at the sound of her voice and I reach for the phone, grabbing it and holding it close to my mouth, thinking it will bring me closer to her.

“Mony” I gasp, “Mony Peaches”

A strangled choke bursts through the phone causing my throat to clog with knowledge of whom it’s come from.

“Peaches-“My voice is cut off when another shuffling noise breaks through the speakers.

“Listen here Drew” Blaine snarls, “I’ve got my girl, so it’s all good. And believe me when I say, if you try to come and steal her from me, I will kill you the minute I see you” And with that the line cuts off just as a sob rips through the phone.