Living With A Police Officer Chapter Eighteen

• Dedicated to Blake Ryder

Bonjour mes amies, comment ca va? moi, ca va bien :)

Here is Chapter Eighteen for y'all. Nothing really happens in this chapter since confessions happened in the last chapter. So the next couple chapters are going to be happy :) haha, too much seriousness.

Oh yes, I made a facebook group for my stories, it's in the external link. So go check that out :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Eighteen

Harmony's POV

"Welcome to Beach Town Mony" Drew chirps happily as we drive past the sign that says exactly that.

I smile at him and turn to look back out the window at the passing scenery.

Little boutiques line the streets, the sidewalks crowded with people. Everywhere you look, there's a beach. The beaches are teeming with tourists and BeachTown citizens. A cluster of stands are set up along the beaches, some clothing stands, others ice cream stands. The water is a clear blue colour, boats floating in the ocean everywhere you look adding white bobs to the blue. The sun is high in the sky, projecting heat to the town. There are trees all along the highway and several scattered around in town, most of them palm trees.

We pass a couple suburbs on our way to the dock where we'll board a boat that'll bring us to Drew's parent's island. Drew points out places where he spent his time while he lived here. For example, the school, the run down arcade, the movie theatre and of course the beaches and the mall.

Drew opens the sun roof and the windows, letting in a warm breeze. Folks wave to us even if they don't know who we are. Some men that look to be Drew's age all wave at him as we drive by, shouting at him and laughing, Drew answering them through his open window.

We continue to drive down the busy streets until we arrive at the docks. Drew pulls the car into a parking space and jumps out, grabbing our things from the back and letting Echo out to stretch his legs. I too, jump out of the car, my hair blowing slightly in the breeze.

Drew stands beside me, his smile still full blown across his face. Drew drops the bags of the rail and vaults himself over the bar down to the lower dock. I watch him go, my mouth hanging open in shock.

"Close your mouth Mony, you'll catch flies" Drew teases.

I snap my mouth closed, glaring playfully down at Drew.

Drew chuckles and waves me down. I raise my eyebrows in a you've-got-to-be-kidding-me look.

"Mony just jump down, I'll catch you" Drew shouts up to me, chuckling.

"Sure you would, then you'd drop me" I tell him, my voice rising a little towards the end.

Drew feigned shock, throwing a hand over his heart, "I'd never do that to you Mony, now just jump"

I roll my eyes and take a deep breath. I heave myself onto the bar, allowing my feet to dangle before closing my eyes and pushing myself off.