39 - Hard To Say I'm Sorry

Minutes after Deny left, Alyssa was still wallowing in front of her bathroom mirror.

Now what? she asked her reflection.

She's right, you know! You're immature! And insecure! Right there! Yep! I could clearly see those words stamped on your forehead!

I know!

Wow! It's a first time that you agreed wholeheartedly with your conscience! What's the catch?

Nothing. It will be useless arguing when the reason of them all is no longer around.

And you think saying sorry won't take her back?

I kept saying sorry and I kept promising to be good next time. But my sorry was only good enough 'til I make a mistake again. And again. And again. You think she will still believe me if I say the word for the nth time?

Why not? She told you she loves you, right? She told you she didn't give up on you and never would. I think that's enough confidence for you to ask for forgiveness.

But she said she's fed up with me!

What do you expect from someone who just woke up? Alyssa, ano madalas sinasabi ng mama mo kapag gusto mo agad makipag-argumento sa papa mo nang ke aga-aga? Awayin mo na ang lasing huwag ang bagong gising! That habit of yours caused your Dennise to walk out on you! Of course, she did not mean it! She is not like you! She's more mature in handling your relationship as well as handling an insecure and immature person like you! So, get out of here and follow her and say sorry! And for God's sake, mean it this time, will you?! And by the way, try to grow up too!!!

Alyssa nodded her head as she agreed with her conscience. Dali-dali niyang kinuha ang face towel at habang naglakakad, pinupunasan ang mukha niyang basa ng tubig at luha niya. Lakad-takbo ang ginawa niya para mahabol niya si Deny.

She was still wiping her face when she opened her door, hindi niya napansin ang bulto ng katawan na nakatayo sa entrada ng pintuan.

Her body collided with that someone, at sa unang pagdikit pa lang ng balat nila, Alyssa knew who she bumped into.

Love!

Clark!

I'm sorry! they both said in unison. Sabay ding pumulupot ang braso nila sa isa't isa.

Hey, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

I'm sorry too!

Mahal na mahal kita, Deny! Tandaan mo yan! 'Til death, I will love you!

Ysay, an.......uuummmpphhhh!

She stopped her words with a kiss, kisses, rain-kissed her all over her face.

Dennise kissed back, did the same to her.

And when they looked in each other's eyes, love and lust were the only emotions they could see in them.

That gave Alyssa courage.

Courage to drag her Deny back inside.

Courage to pull her to bed until she sat on the edge while Deny was standing.

Courage to put Deny's hands at the hem of her shirt and removed it from her.

Courage to do the same with her.