38 - You Come To My Senses

Ysay? Gising ka muna, please? Uminom ka muna ng gamot para mawala ang sakit ng ulo mo.

Alyssa's senses suddenly woke up when her subconscious mind recognized the owner of that sweet voice whispering on her ear. Immediately, her sense of smell became activated on that fragrance that she became addicted to. And her sense of touch, it heightened when she felt those hands on her skin. Summing up, they caused the sudden erratic beating of her heart.

Dennise.

Only Dennise can make her system go wild.

Only Dennise can make her senses go crazy.

Only Dennise can make her heart beats like a rollercoaster ride.

Only Dennise.

Dennise who changed her life since that first day she met her.

Dennise who made her realize it was not a mistake to be someone different from the ordinary.

Dennise who made her wish days would turn into nights and nights into days and yet, keep the time still.

Dennise who made her think nothing but everything about her.

Dennise.

The only one who filled her senses.

And the only one her senses needed.

And now that she's near, and everything in her became alive.

But if before she would immediately open her eyes expecting to see her beside her, this time no. She knew it's only a dream, a hopeless dream. She's no more around, Dennise won't be around anymore. Tuluyan na itong nawala sa kanya dahil tumalikod na siya.

Dumating na ang mommy nito. At tulad ng pangako niya sa ginang, kahit lumayo, gagawin niya, makipagbati lang ito sa anak nito. And tita Arlene agreed, so it's only right that she did what she promised.

And God knows she tried. So hard, pero hindi niya magawa, hindi niya magawang magpakalayo-layo para umiwas dito. She tried to run away, pero hindi pa man siya nakakatapak ng airport, umurong na siya agad. She planned to stay in Cebu, kung saan niya nakita ang mommy ni Dennise, pero hindi pa man lumulubog ang araw, bumalik na siya ng Manila. She succeeded, though, in ignoring her calls and messages, but she couldn't stop herself watching her from afar. At the farthest corner of the hospital where she works, or inside her car parked too far away from Dennise to be noticed.

She thought it would be easy. Saying she would do it was the most difficult promise to make and doing it would somehow ease the burden, but no. Nothing was easy when you're running away from someone you love.

And it's only been days, but they're worse than what she felt in that three years Deny hid from her. In those years, she had nothing on her hand to help her find Deny, but now that she's around, leaving her behind is like killing herself.

So, she lived in a dream. She dreamt of that day when she met her, dreamt of the mornings she'd wake up and see her angel-like face sleeping soundly, dreamt of those times she would laugh hard at her jokes, dreamt of those moments she would see her eyes sparkled because she received her flowers.  And she dreamt most of that first night and the other nights they would make love endlessly. In there, she could convey words she couldn't say, feeling that her touch couldn't express,  emotions she couldn't show.

That's what she did in the past five days. She filled her senses of everything about Dennise.

And here's her senses again, awake and longing for her.

She didn't turn her head around, wala naman siyang makikita kundi guni-guni. Matutulog na lang siya ulit at itutuloy ang panaginip niya.

Ysay? Love? Please wake up. Inumin mo muna itong gamot mo.