Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

Belle woke to the bright Vegas sun streaming through the floor to ceiling windows that the suite offered, groaning as she rolled over, seeing Lucille laying awake next to her, clearing feeling worse than she was. It was hard to believe that she'd only been in Vegas for twenty four hours or so, having arrived early yesterday morning; they'd spent most of yesterday counting cards at various casinos, and raking it in without getting caught, and the night was spent partying, drinking way too much champagne, tequila and whisky, using fake I.D's.

"Morning." Lucille said hoarsely as she rolled onto her side to face Belle in the California king bed that they were sharing.

"I feel horrible." Belle replied biting her face into the pillow.

"Me too. I reckon we order room service, close the damn blinds, get showered and then get massaged before hitting the casinos again tonight." Lucille answered as she reached blindly for the room service menu.

"Sounds like a plan. My arms aching, I really shouldn't have drunk last night." Belle said as she grabbed a pillow and put it under her arm as Lucille examined the menu, eyes half closed.

"What did we make last night?" Lucille asked as she tossed the menu down on the bed.

"A little over $500,000." Belle answered knowing they couldn't play tonight like they had last night.

"Good, split down the middle as always. Thanks for making the trip out here Belle." Lucille replied as she sat up against the headboard.

"We have to play it safe tonight Lucille, seeing as it's the last night before we leave." Belle said sternly, knowing the risks, and the fact that she had an appointment at St Thomas' late tomorrow afternoon as well as family dinner at Gemma's.

"I know Belle. I've got an early morning flight to catch to Vancouver tomorrow." She answered.

"Want to tell me what's in Vancouver?" Belle replied skeptically.

"I got a call a few days ago that my Mom is there. I know it's crazy but I need to see for myself." Lucille said softly as she tried to mask the hurt from her mother's abandonment.

"I get it Lucille, the need to know, that's why we're here for quick cash. You know my offer is still on the table." Belle stated thinking about her own mother, earning a simple nod.

**

Back in Charming, Clay sat at the head of the table listening intently to the Vegas Charter's President give him a run down of Belle's activity as reported by the prospect who had been ordered to find and follow her.

"She walked up to him and told him to either tag along or go away, so he figured tagging along was better than going away. Didn't have his kutte on. She was nice enough to put him in a cab once he was drunk with a marker message written on his face and return him to the clubhouse." Clay was informed making him groan internally as the guys watched from the comfort of the bar.

"Twenty says she caught the prospect following her." Tig sniggered sending a quick look at the prospect as Clay threw his phone on the table with a smile before he lit his cigar.

"Why did she even go to Vegas? We all know it wasn't just a girls getaway." Bobby asked skeptical.

"Oh it's a girls getaway with a twist all right." Clay said as he joined them and leaned against the bar as Sack put a beer in front of him.

"Twist?" Chibs asked with a raised eyebrow.

"The prospect didn't survive his test, ended up passed out in a cab with a message written on his face in permanent marker." Clay stated seeing the amused looks.