One

Chapter One

"Clay, I need a favour."

"What is it brother?"

"My daughter, she's seventeen, and she's in trouble. Was hoping I could move her down to Charming, into the clubhouse and she could work in the garage full time until she turns eighteen in six months time."

"What sort of trouble?"

"Dating a new patch but she's jailbait and both are stubborn as hell. I ain't exactly her favourite person especially after taking him to the ring."

"When?"

"Tomorrow"

"I'll make sure everything's ready."

"Thanks Brother"

**

"Billy from Tucson called me today. He's bringing up his daughter to stay here in Charming at the clubhouse till she's eighteen in six months time." Clay told his wife Gemma as they laid in bed together after a long day.

"Belle, I mean Valentine?" Gemma asked using her middle name first knowing she preferred it as she looked up at him slightly perplexed.

"Yeah, he didn't go into a lot of detail but apparently she's been seeing a new patch and being jailbait and all...he took him to the ring. I know she's a hell of a mechanic, and we need another one seeing things with the club are picking up." Clay offered as he took her hand in his.

"No wonder it didn't go well and Belle isn't a yeller either which doesn't help things. It will be good to have her back around. When will she be getting here?" Gemma spoke softly knowing Belle loved Charming and the club as she was a club kid.

"Tomorrow." Clay answered as Gemma sat up and looked at him with wide eyes.

"And you're just telling me now?! Please tell me you at least told the guys and that's she's off-limits." Gemma questioned, her voice climbing an octave higher.

"Yes I've told them and warned them. C'mon baby, let's get some sleep." Clay said pulling her back down next to him.

"Good, I'll make sure one of the dorm rooms is cleaned and ready for her tomorrow with new linens." Gemma said as Clay just nodded knowing she had it under control. He reached up and turned off the bedside lamp, knowing tomorrow would be interesting.

**

Belle sat in her bedroom packing the last of her belongings that she needed to take with tears streaming down her face, her Dad Billy had stopped by the house earlier to tell her she was going to be going down to Charming and she had no choice as he would be escorting her with a prospect. She didn't bother to argue knowing it would only get Carter 'Shark' hurt or stripped of his patch if her Dad pushed for it.

She heard the back door open and then footsteps, she wasn't expecting anyone so she quickly grabbed her loaded 9mil Glock from her bedside table and tiptoed through the house.

"Val" She heard Carter call out and she instantly relaxed and put the safety on as she lowered her gun to her side, just as he came round the corner.

"I'm here." She spoke quietly, her voice cracking as he walked towards her, noticing the gun in her hand. He quickly took it from her and pulled her petite body into his as she grasped onto him.

"I'm sorry Val, I really am. I never meant for you to get sent away for being with me." He whispered, his chin resting on the top of her head. She pulled away from him slightly so she could look up at him.

"I know. I'm sorry too but if me leaving means you are safe and a Son then it's what has to happen." She spoke trying not to sob as he reached up and gently brushed his calloused thumb under her eyes, wiping her tears away.