Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Belle pulled up her drive and turned off her car, looking at her house and wondering if she'd made the right decision to stay. Juice pulled up behind her, kicked his kickstand down and then dismounted.

It had been a long few days but they'd found who had been paid to stalk her, as well as the shitty motel room of Carter's which was promptly cleared out and thanks to Clay and Gemma, Sack got everything sorted at the house quickly so she didn't have to stay in the clubhouse any longer, not that she minded.

Juice watched as Belle got out of her car with Gunner jumping out straight after. He could sense how apprehensive she was, see how tense she was, and wondered if it was too soon for her to return to her house.

"You sure about this Belle?" He asked softly wrapping her arm around her waist as she looked up at him.

"Yeah, I'm not going to let him take this from me...my sense of safety and security. This is my house...my home." Belle said determinedly as she opened her trunk. Juice quickly moved to lift her duffel bag and the two bags of groceries that they stopped and got, out before she could.

"Thanks Juice." Belle said as she shut the trunk and walked up to the front door, unlocking it and pushing it open, the strong, pungent smell of cleaning products hitting them.

"I'll open the doors." She said as they walked in, she quickly opened the bifold doors that opened into the backyard, letting Gunner out as well as Juice sat the bags down on the island bench.

Belle turned and looked at the spot where Carter fell, she closed her eyes briefly before opening them and moving to put the groceries away, and refilling Gunner's bowls with fresh water and biscuits despite the late hour. Juice watched, worried as she went through the motions until she'd finished.

"Want a beer?" She asked as she opened the fridge.

"Nah, I should get going. It's been a long few days." He answered, just wanting to sleep in his own bed for the night.

She quickly moved so that she was in front of him, her hands grasping the edge of his kutte lightly, before she even realised it. He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, rubbing her back lightly and pulled her into him, her head resting against the centre of his chest. She leaned back just enough to raise her head and look up at him, her sad blue eyes staring into his brown ones, her hands uncurling from around his kutte to rest under it, flat on his chest.

"Do you regret it?" She asked softly, her voice thick with emotion; his brows furrowed causing his forehead to wrinkle as he wasn't sure what she was talking about.

"Us...that night?" She filled in the blanks sensing his confusion as his hands stilled on her back at her words.

"No, I defiantly don't regret it...do you?" He asked, admittedly he'd thought about that night a lot, a lot more than he should.

"I regret a lot of things but that was not one of them, never will be either." She told him, truly meaning it, for an eighteen-almost-nineteen year old she had a lot of regrets, way more than she cared for.

Juice leaned down, pressing his forehead against hers as he pressed his growing erection against her as he remembered that night. He felt her fingers grip his t-shirt tightly, balling it up as she pressed herself up tighter against him, although it was impossible to get any closer.

"Belle..." His voice came out strangled, coarse even; he knew they couldn't do this, that she wasn't in the right place considering she'd been broken up with and told some horrible things, held at gunpoint by an ex and watched him commit suicide in her own home.