Seven

Chapter Seven

Clay sat with Jax, Bobby, Tig, Chibs and Happy outside enjoying cigarettes and a beer as the sun began to set, waiting for Gemma and Belle to return from their afternoon shopping trip, just as Unser pulled in and got out, slowly making his way over just as Juice, Kozik, Half Sack and Piney returned.

"What can we do for you Chief?" Jax smirked as he lit another smoke.

"Gemma's at St Thomas, just getting checked out and Belle is at the station in a cell." Unser informed them as they quickly stood, alarmed.

"What happened?" Clay asked.

"Some woman pulled a gun on Gemma in the middle of Main Street, Bella stepped in between her and the gun, managed to disarm her and then beat the shit out of her." Unser informed them.

"Jesus Christ." Jax exclaimed as he stubbed out his smoke.

"I'll release Belle in the morning without charges, but just need to keep her overnight to keep things looking official. She'll need a ride." Unser stated as Clay nodded.

"Thanks. I'll go to St Thomas." Clay said as he looked at Jax who nodded in understanding.

**

Belle sat staring at the pale yellow brick wall, her hand aching more and more as the minutes ticked by, as she thought about the fact she had a gun, a loaded gun, pointed at her head after stepping between it and Gemma without a second thought, until she heard the door unlock.

"Gemma's alright, Clay picked her up from St Thomas. She thinks you might need your sanity checked after stepping in front of a gun." Unser said as he leaned against the cell door.

"She might be right." Belle answered softly.

"How's the hand?" Unser asked.

"Sore." She said as she held it up and showed him how badly cut, bruised and swollen it was.

"I'll release you in the morning without charge." Unser said as she nodded.

"Thanks." Belle answered as Unser walked away.

**

Gemma walked in to the clubhouse with Clay following behind her the following morning, Jax quickly stood up and made his way over as she waved him off.

"I'm alright." Gemma said nodding in reassurance.

"Where's Belle?" She asked.

"I'm just on my way to pick her up now Gem. Unser hasn't released her yet." Tig said before he finished off his cup of coffee, kissing her cheek before he walked out.

"Why didn't Unser release her last night?" Gemma asked as she heard Tig leave the lot.

"Some bullshit about making it look official." Chibs growled from his seat at the bar with his coffee in front of him.

**

Tig sat on his bike, waiting outside the police station for Belle to be released. He heard the doors open and looked up as he saw Belle was being escorted out by Unser.

Belle slipped her cropped leather jacket on before sliding her aviator sunglasses on and sliding her handbag onto her shoulder, Tig instantly noticing how tired she looked and how bad her hand was before she made her was down the steps with Unser in tow.

"Hey doll face." Tig said as he hugged her.

"Hi Tiggy." She said as she pulled back, Tig gently took her injured hand in his making her wince.

"Try to keep her out of trouble, get that filed off gun out of her bag, and she'll need that hand checked out." Unser told Tig before turning around, walking back up to the stairs and back into the station.