Chapter Tweleve

The steady rocking of the was enough to keep Percy and his other crew men asleep below deck. Their course to Kretis of the twelve cities continued. And the course to King Amadeus, richest man of all the seven seas.

Annabeth stood at the helm looking out over the wide blue seas. Today the waters were calm, as if all sea monsters were fearful of the captain of the Argo ll. A now purple bruise stained annabeths right eye. Swollen to the touch, she released a sigh. The words of the man at the bar and of the witch Circe plague her mind.

"How is it we are all on the ship? The last thing I remember is the dark room on Circe's island." Eye patched Leo said sitting beside Percy with a bottle of rum. The men were below deck at the large table, with rum in hand. Jason was leaning back in his chair rubbing his temples "I have no idea." He grumbled. No one could remember anything. The sun had set and the room was full of lit lanterns.

"It doesn't make any sense-" Percy started but stopped when the echo of footsteps descending on the stairs. A silence fell upon all of them when annabeths blonde hair appeared from the door. There was no sign of her captains hat. Standing in the doorway, she looked over her crew. "Perhaps I could shed some light upon the situation."

At the sight of our captain, the men shuffled around to give Annabeth the seat at the head of the table. Surprising them all, but Percy, she grabbed a bottle of rum and takes a swig. Percy sat on her right side, and Jason on her left as Annabeth began her recounting yesterday's events.
                                ***
Annabeth watched as Circe brought her crew from the dungeon. Her hands were tied behind her back and they had taken her sword. They were all bound and gagged. Percy's sea green eyes meet annabeths across the distance. She gave him a look saying, 'trust me, I have a plan'.

Circe clapped seeing the men "oh look at all of them! All so handsome and strong. Lady Annabeth you are in favor. Which one hold your heart?" She said gleeful. Annabeths eyes hardened into dark storm clouds.

Another giggle came from Circe, a beautiful blonde sorceress, as she walked around the men, touching their shoulders or arms. Annabeth watched her carefully, her storm eyes not leaving Circe. She stopped in front of Percy. "Or is this one?" She smiled and ran her fingers down Percy's cheek. He retched his face away. "He is very beautiful. With eyes of the sea."

Annabeth struggled against her bonds for a moment before she regained her composure. Circe grins "you care for this one?" She stroked Percy's cheek again before turning her back on him. She stands in front of Annabeth. "Who holds your black heart Annabeth?" The captain remains silent and still.

"Or are you too broken to love?" Circe tilts her head, making her blonde curls fall over her bare shoulder. "Please enlighten me Annabeth." Before anyone could tell what was happening, Annabeth launched on to Circe. Annabeths hands were free and her dagger was in her hand. They both tumbled to the ground, with Annabeth on top.

An utter cry of pain filled the air. At first the men believed Annabeth had drove her dagger through her heart, but they saw something completely different. Circe had grabbed annabeths dagger wrist and cried out as her skin came into contact with annabeths. With a jerk, Annabeth was off Circe as the witches hand burned.

"You are cursed!" She shrieked holding her smoking hand. "Cursed! You are a plague on this world. Damned by the devil himself. Leave my island before you poison anyone else!" Annabeth only sat there in the sand, ashen faced.
                                ***
Annabeth took another long swig of rum as the men stared at her from around the ships table. "So...with a wave of her hand we were back on the ship sailing away." All was silent. Percy could feel the tension radiating off the captain beside him. He wished to put his hand on hers to comfort her. The dream came to his mind again and he quickly busied himself with his rum.

Leo was the one to break the silence. "So...you're cursed captain?" Leo, always the energetic and loud one was now quite and serious. All eyes turned to their captain. She only nodded. "What is it?..." Jason inquired carefully.

Annabeth took her final drink of rum and stands. "That...is a story for another time." She leaves the men with that.