Confession #2

Hey guys! Now that the OTP problem is [maybe] over, let's get on with the story! :D It may get pretty dark in this chapter~ =w= I know that some people really don't like dark stories, because I don't like them either... =w= I just like writing them~ You know what I mean? ;D But just warning you~ Dark content~ XD

================================================================================

In the previous chapter

Narrator: Len got rejected~ >w< Continue!!!!

Len: Eh?! We're not doing a reinactment?

Len's POV

I stood on the rooftop clenching my fists as those words repeated in my head.

It's.... It's all her fault!!!!!

Hatred burned inside me as I went down to the classrooms. 

Rin's POV

I was laughing with my other classmates, helping with cleaning up as the door slammed open. I immediately looked over to the noise, and I saw Len. His eyes were burning with hatred as he glared at me.

....

I sighed, and before he can say anything I said cheerfully, "Miku, can you hold this for me?" 

I gave her my jacket as I walked outside to the hallway. 

Outside.

The wind was fierce.

The weather reminds me of that day...

I looked at Len and sighed. "So? What did you want?" 

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!" He shouted.

"..." I looked at him sternly. "What did I do?"

"You... You must have told Miku to reject me!!!! You must have done something!!!!"

"And? Do you have any proof?"

"Do I even need proof?!" He rushed over and punched my right in the face.

Ouch. I never knew he has grown.

I fell to the ground, not moving a muscle.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!" He cried. "I've never been rejected before!!!! I've always been in the center!!!! Now that I finally have someone, you go ahead and say 'give up'! Is that what a real sister does?! Huh?!"

He grabbed my by my dress collar.

My cheek doesn't hurt. Nothing hurts. I can't hear his shouting anymore. All I can hear is the echoing of 'real sister'.

I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. My mind was in shatters.

I guess it was from that day anyways.......

...

The day when I overhead the truth.

[Start Music]

"I'm... not your sister. That's why..." I said with a monotone voice looking down at the ground. 

He let go of my dress.

"What...? I'm not making any jokes here!!!" He shouted.

I felt my eyes fill up with tears.

 "I'm not your sister..." I forced a painful smile on my face. "I'm not..."

I closed my eyes, making tears stream out. I felt my hands shaking.

Now... Now that I told him... I don't think I'm needed in the household anymore.

I walked away from him... Leaving him with a expression of disbelief.

I sighed, smiled, and remembered the day.

In the past

I walked to daddy's office cuddling my teddy bear.

"Why are you even keeping that girl with you? That girl's mother was only a prostitute! Even if you keep her, the painful memories will come back to you!!!" My mother was shouting at my father.

I stared at them. I didn't really know what they were saying, but deep down, I knew that my mother was talking about me.

"Honey... please."

"I'm sick of her childish requests!!!! Len is a lot more better than this! I can't possibly treat her as my child!"

"Maria. The child is in here."

"..."

That was the time when my mom... My dear mother that treated me so well; was staring at me like I was a nuisance. Those eyes froze my soul.

She left the room.

"Daddy... Is mommy mad at me...?" I asked.

"No... mommy's just stressed out." He smiled at me sadly.

I didn't know what was going on, but the next day, everything was back to normal. My mother smiled at me. When I asked her what happened yesterday, she gave me a smile that chilled me to the bone.

...From that day on... I went along with it. I pretended nothing had happened. When Len's mom died.... I was old enough to realize that I was a nuisance to the family. To my father, to my mother, and even to my brother.

I... wasn't needed.

But deep down... I always hoped that Len's mother would possibly become my own. I hoped. That... maybe if I visit her and talk to her at her grave, she would forgive me. But... it wasn't possible.

Those cold eyes would never warm up for me.

Present

I smiled and found myself staring at her grave.

"Your son... is really like you. He has those same cold eyes when you both stare at me." I said to the grave.

[Stop Music]

"Goodbye." I whispered.