Chapter 33: Fly Away

Monica's P.O.V.

My eyes slowly open to reveal a dark living room and a passed out Michael on the other couch. I move my body to sit up a little better, but it fails when I feel pain in my left foot, forgetting that it's still propped up on pillows. That's when the memories begin to return to my head. I twisted my ankle at training, Michael brought me back home, I was immediately put on bed rest (or, in this case, couch rest), and Michael and I were watching a movie...and I had asked him to stay.

Taking in a deep breath, I reach over to grab my phone from the coffee table, curious as to what time it is. 12:17. Damn, I must have been exhausted in order to be asleep for approximately six hours. I don't even remember when I fell asleep.

I look back down at my phone and notice a missed call and a bunch of messages from Ashton. Opening them, I read:

Ashton: Guess what?!?

Ashton: Hey, babe, please pick up your phone! I have exciting news!

Ashton: Ok, well, I wanted to tell you in person or at least a phone call, but since you're not answering, I'll just tell you through text. I had my job interview today with the video place and I'm now an employee! I was interviewed by the manager and he thought I had a great smile and a friendly personality, which is perfect for customer service. I start on Saturday and I'm really nervous but yeah, I got the job!

Ashton: Monica? Is everything okay? You haven't responded in a long time.

Ashton: I would come over there to see if you're alright, but I don't have a way of getting there and I need to be at home right now. I hope everything's fine and if it's not, please answer me soon. I'm tired so I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight, I love you <3

Smiling, I reply back saying that I'm alright and I fell asleep. I'll tell him about my ankle injury tomorrow, so I keep it happy and congratulate him on the job. As soon as the message sends, I get the feeling that I need to pee.

Hold up. It's not a feeling.

I really need to go.

Okay, well, I can't just stand up and walk to the bathroom without my ankle hurting and even if I hop on one foot, there's a chance I could fall over. I'm so clumsy that it's bound to happen and now I wish I learned how to zap. That's basically the only other option I have and I seriously hate to wake him up. Although I can't see him super well in the darkness, he does look pretty cute with his hands tucked underneath his face and the blanket covering his body and his baby face poking through and making it the one visible thing I can really see...

Focus, Monica! Shaking my head, I summon my wand and shoot the Tickling Charm at him. He is so hard to wake up that out of all the ways I have tried, this is the only form that has worked and surprisingly, it works every time. After a few seconds, he begins to stir, and then the usual smile and giggles pour out, causing him to sit up and be fully awake. The charm wears off and so does his grin and then he glances at me.

"Why?" Michael groggily questions.

"It's seriously the only way to wake you up," I shrug.

"And why are you waking me up at," he checks his phone, "12:21?"

"I need to go to the bathroom," I respond.

He stares at me like I'm crazy. "Then go." I pause and let the silence sink in before pointing out the obvious reason with gritted teeth.

"I can't because of my ankle."

He tilts his head back and sighs while apologizing. "Oh, my God, sorry."