Chapter 14: Kiss Me Kiss Me

Monica's P.O.V.

It's the day of the date. It's the day that I've dreamed of since I first saw Ashton walk into the garage on that first band rehearsal I attended. I've been nervous ever since I woke up this morning and all throughout the school day, I couldn't focus in any of my classes. Tatiana had to yell at me for daydreaming during our group project work day that we had and she understands, but the date isn't until later and I need to concentrate on what's happening now. Easier said than done.

I also have a hard time directing my attention on what we're doing in training. This is what I really need to be focusing on but it's hard when love takes over your brain. Time slowly ticks by and with every minute, I get more and more excited. I just want training to be over so I can go home and get ready for the date with Tatiana. She agreed to help me out tonight to look good, hoping I can surprise Ashton when he sees me. Finally, training ends and I practically rush out of the building with Michael trailing behind.

"Slow down, Monica!" he shouts from behind me.

"Sorry!" I reply, changing my pace from a fast walk to a normal walk.

"Why are you in a hurry?" he asks when he catches up to me.

"I really want to get home so I can start to get ready for the date," I answer.

"Date?" he questions.

"Wait, I didn't tell you?" I inquire, positive I did but this week has been blurry for me.

"No, no you didn't," Michael responds. "Who are you going on a date with?"

"Ashton. He asked me last week when we were at the hospital," I answer, smiling.

"Oh," he says, his face dropping.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I ask. Did I seriously miss something important in his life?

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine, that's great," he delivers, putting on a fake grin.

"It doesn't sound fine to me. Are you sure?"

"Well, it just kind of hurts that you didn't tell me you have a date tonight. We tell each other everything," Michael explains.

"Oh, I'm really sorry, Mikey. I swear I told you, but I guess I didn't. I thought you knew," I answer.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," he mutters, avoiding eye contact and keeping his gaze on the ground.

"Michael..." I speak.

"Honestly, Monica, it's okay. Go have fun," he mumbles.

"Okay, okay," I back off. Something is wrong here but there's nothing more I can do about it, since Michael's being stubborn and won't tell me what's bothering him. I really hope he's not against Ashton or anything. They are bandmates and it would be horrible if there was conflict between them; after all, Michael was the one who knew Ashton first and invited him into the band.

Soon, we reach my house and I'm thankful that Tatiana is already here. My stomach is growling because usually I eat dinner as soon as I come home from training, but not this time. The first thing I do is race to my bedroom and begin the long process into making myself look acceptable for a date, which includes showering, doing my hair and makeup, and putting together my outfit. While I'm in the shower, Tatiana picks out one of my cute dresses and pairs it with heels and jewelry and she figures out how we're going to do my hair and makeup. I approve of her decision when I'm done with my shower and I see what she has all laid out on my bed.

Next is hair and makeup. We blow dry my hair and I get to relax as Tatiana styles it into beautiful curls, pulling some of it back and out of my face. Once my hair is all dolled up, Tatiana applies the soft, colorful powders to my face, brightening it up and outlining my eyes.