Chapter 10: Pizza

Michael's P.O.V.

"Hey," I greet as Calum walks through my front door.

"Hey," he nods back. "Sorry for the late notice, but I just finished the song, like, two hours ago and I need to show it to you guys."

"You're lucky I had no plans today," I reply, watching him move around the couch and get comfortable on it.

"Yeah, where are you parents?" he asks, realizing it's unusually quiet in my house.

"They have a Christmas party for work," I answer. "They probably won't be home until really late."

"Ah, well I'm also lucky all of you don't have anything going on. Luke and Ashton should be here soon. I texted both of them," Calum informs.

"Sweet," I respond.

We watch some TV while we wait for the others to arrive and chat about our day, although both of us didn't do much earlier. I've just been chilling at home and Calum's been writing the song, so it's been a leisure day for us. Soon, Luke enters in and joins us and now we're all lingering until Ashton shows up. Luke is really excited to hear Calum's song and demands to see the music, but Calum smacks his hand away and tells him to be patient. I'm dying of laughter from these two by the time Ashton turns up, unexpectedly with Monica right behind him. I'm totally fine with her being here, but walking in with Ashton?

She acknowledges me with a "hey" as she rests on the couch next to me.

"So, what have you been up to all day?" I question curiously.

"Christmas shopping," she huffs.

"Already?"

"It's only going to get crazier as the days go by, Mikey," she replies.

"Yeah, you have a good point there, and speaking of crazy shoppers, you didn't go alone, did you?" I ask, half hoping she went with Tatiana. First of all, I obviously want her to be safe, and second, the jealousy is returning and I don't want to hear that she was with...

"No, I wasn't alone. Ashton came with me," Monica answers. "He texted me this morning saying he was bored so I invited him to come Christmas shopping with me."

"Wait, you have his number?" I inquire. I don't even have his number yet.

"Yeah," she replies with her eyebrows raised. "Aw, is someone jealous I didn't take him shopping with me?"

I'm envious for a different reason, but at the same time, yes. I'm slightly disappointed she didn't include me, considering she usually always does.

"A little," I respond honestly.

"Don't worry, I still have more to do so you'll definitely be able to go," she says.

"Hey, guys, we're already in the garage," Luke announces, entering in the living room. Looking around, I notice no one else is in here. Oops.

"Sorry," I apologize. I scramble off of the couch and follow Luke into the garage, Monica trailing behind me. As we head in, Calum's sitting patiently at the microphone while Ashton's relaxed in one of the chairs by the desk area, facing the stage.

"Calum's going to show us his new song first, and then we're going to rearrange it for all of us to play it," Luke explains, taking a seat next to Ashton. I relax in the chair on the other side of Ashton and Monica settles down next to me.

"This song goes out to all of you lovers out there," Calum introduces into the microphone, saying it in a deep, sexy, hilarious voice. I chuckle and notice everyone else has a smile on their faces.