Chapter 26: Good Girls

Ashton's P.O.V.

"Hailey?"

The blonde devil who I am disgusted to call my ex-girlfriend is standing on the porch in front of me, her skimpy outfit making it obvious that she's trying too hard. Although a guy may be tempted to scan her body, my hatred for her is enough to keep my eyes from dropping below her face.

Staring her down, I question, "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to come by and give you your present," Hailey responds with her high pitched voice and that's when I notice a small wrapped box in her hands. She rocks back and forth on her feet and I can literally feel the fake in her hopeful, sweet expression.

"I don't want anything from you," I snap, trying to close the door but her hand smacks the wooden surface and causes the door from shutting.

She instantly pouts and comments, "Why so rude tonight, baby? I went through all the trouble of getting this for you." Hailey lifts up her free arm with the present and hands it to me.

"Don't call me 'baby,'" I declare. "And fine, I accept your gift." Taking the box, my hand slips from the door and it swings fully open. Hailey cocks her head to the side and smiles widely, stepping around me and walking inside my house. Shit.

Closing the door behind me, Hailey reaches out and runs her hands up my arms and across my chest, making the hairs on the back of my neck perk up.

"Open it," she whispers.

Swallowing hard, I move out of her grip and tear the wrapping paper, revealing the box. I lift up the cover to find two tickets to Green Day who are performing in Sydney in January. Green Day are one of my favorite bands and they have inspired me to create music. I've never seen them live, unfortunately, and it has been my dream for years to watch them in concert. But the fact that Hailey isn't supportive of my music career makes this a little suspicious.

"Why would you give me tickets to my favorite band?" I ask.

"I was hoping you'd be my date," she replies. "One is for you and the other is for me."

"Woah, woah, woah, what? No, Hailey, I'm not going to this concert with you," I decline. No way in hell would I ever do anything with her.

She closes the gap between us and her touch sends shivers through my body. And not the good kind, I should add. She plays with the hem of my shirt, raising it a few inches to expose my lower stomach but then dropping it again and sneaking her hand inside, stroking my skin.

"I was also hoping that you would give me a second chance. I messed up so bad, Ashy. I just want to make it right," she coos, now wrapping her arms around me in a comfortable embrace.

This is what Hailey does to you. She has this devious side to her that can convince you of doing anything she wants you to do. This is the reason why I stayed with her so long and I regret every minute of it. She prompted me to continue being her boyfriend like this and it's taking all I've got to snap myself out of it.

"No," I firmly say, shoving her off of me. "You had your chance. I gave you more than two for you to make it right, but there's so much damage you've done that you can't fix."

"Oh, come on, baby, we can work this out," she swoons.

"I already told you, don't call me 'baby.' And we have worked this out like a month ago when we broke up," I relay.

"Well, I thought that a month was a long enough break for you. It definitely was for me."

"Yes, that break was a vacation for me and my vacation isn't over. So you can leave now," I reply, heading over to the door.