Chapter 47: The Camera Doesn't Lie

I was laying on our hammock out back again, texting Luke, and waiting for Michael to get back home. I don't know where he went, but he said he'd be back soon.

I was calmly swinging back and forth when I heard a car pull into the driveway, and I sat up, waiting to see Michael's car right there. But, to my surprise, Gage's car pulled up. He turned his car off and got out, going to the back door and knocking.

"Gage, I'm over here!" I said and he turned around, looking at me. He looked really tense, and I frowned when he came up to me. "Are you okay?"

"Hm." He looked into my eyes and I could see anger and hurt in them. I sat down on the hammock again, feeling my heart rate speed up when I heard my phone go off, knowing it was Luke. "Who is it?" He asked and I bit my lip. "Check it." He sounded really mad and I didn't know why.

"It's Luke..." I trailed off and he scoffed at me, looking away and shaking his head. "Gage, what's wrong?" I asked again and there was a moment of silence before he looked back at me,

"How long have you been cheating on me?" He asked solemnly and I felt my heart skip a beat. How the hell did he find out?

"What-" he gave me a glare and I stood up, "When did-"

"Your little boy toy sent me this." He said and handed his phone to me. I looked down at the screen to see a picture of Luke and I in mid-make out session.

So that's why you took your hand away. I thought to myself and he took his phone back,

"Care to explain?" He asked and I felt tears making their way to the front of my eyes,

"How did he send that to you? You guys didn't have each other's numbers." I said and he bit his lip,

"Tindell gave him my number." He sounded really tense now, and I knew he would freeken flip out on me if I beat around the bush anymore... "Samantha, tell me what this is about!" He nearly shouted and I blinked my tears away,

"Gage, I-" I sighed and felt a tear fall, "I'm sorry.! I know it's the average response to something like this, but I don't know what else to say."

"Have you been leading me on this whole time?" I looked at him with wide eyes. "For almost a year, now?" He added and I shook my head,

"No! I haven't! You were my whole world!"

"Were! I was your whole world." He sounded defeated and tired, and I felt my heart break. "I'm not your world anymore when you're still mine." He said sadly and I wiped my eyes,

"Gage-"

"You never answered my question." He stated and I looked up at him. "How long have you been with him?" He asked for a second time and I immediately thought he was thinking the very worst.

"Gage, we've never slept together..." I trailed off and he looked back at me. "We've only kissed. And the first time it happened, it was like a week ago."

"Is that why you've been acting so weird?"

"Well, what do you think?" I asked sarcastically and he glared at me. He ran a hand through his hair and I took a deep breath, preparing myself for a shout from him.

"I'm done, Samantha..." he trailed off and I looked up at him. "I don't want to be the victim of being cheated on anymore."

"Gage. Plea-"

"No, I don't want to hear it. We're done. I'm sorry..." he shook his head and turned to walk away.

I felt tears start falling down my cheeks, and I watched him get in his car again and drive off. He just broke up with me. I can't tell if I'm sad, mad, or both. I actually think it's both.

I'm really broken right now, and I don't really know how to stop my tears. My phone went off again, and I suddenly remembered Luke was texting me. I had a feeling of anger run through my veins when I saw his contact on my screen.

He sent that picture to Gage. He didn't ask me or anything, first, either. Why would he not fucking ask me first?! I put my phone back on the hammock, not wanting to respond to him or talk to anyone else.

Continued in the Next Chapta ya'll!