Chapter 23: Admitting It

Luke and I were walking down Santa Monica pier, hand in hand, and watching the sun slowly set. He stopped us and gently pushed me against the fence, pinning me there.

I moved my hands over his chest and onto his collarbone, and one onto the back of his neck. He looked back at me from the sunset, and looked over my features, grinning at me.

"What?" I giggled and blushed and he put his forehead down on my shoulder,

"You're beautiful." He said simply and I leaned my head against his. I love you so much.

I moved my fingernails gently, yet with slight effort, from the roots of his hair, down the back of his neck and down onto the top of his back. I brought them back up to the back of his neck, and I felt his body weaken slightly.

"Stop that." He lightly laughed and I smiled, realizing how lucky I was to have him. He put a trail of kisses up my neck, and he looked into my eyes again, "I love you."

"I love you, too." I said softly and he smiled before leaning in and pressing his lips onto mine.

--

I woke up, sitting up straight, and feeling my heart beating a mile a minute. I didn't know where I was at first, and then soon realized I was in my room.

"Was that a- that was a dream." I whispered to myself and lay back down, not knowing what to think. I moved my fingers over my temples, trying to understand why that even happened. I turned my head and looked at my clock. 4:35. "It's too early for this..."

•••

We just got into 8th hour, and I pulled Kali aside, and told her about the dream I had this morning. I finished telling her and looked back over at Luke. He caught me looking, and I looked back at Kali, feeling my cheeks get warm.

"Sam, I honestly think Belle's right, now." She said softly and I let out a quiet sigh and sat down in Mrs. Jelinik's chair,

"Kali, I don't know what to-"

"Okay, guys," Mrs. Jelinik started, "just work on your color wheels again, alright?" She said and everyone agreed.

"At least it's Friday..." I trailed off and Kali nodded.

I was trying to reach the green paint, but kept failing epically. I started laughing a little bit, and let out a huff. I was looking around the counter and it startled me when I felt a hand on my waist and a chest against my back, reaching above me.

I knew it was Luke, just because of the penguin jumper. He handed me the paint and looked into my eyes,

"Here."

"Thank you. I was having some trouble, I think." I giggled and he smiled at me,

"Yeah, I think you were, too." He chuckled and I realized how close we were. I looked back into his eyes, and my heart started racing.

His eyes are so amazing. They're just, so easy to get lost in. I was getting ready to say something but Kali's voice cut me off,

"Sam! Come here." She said and I bit my lip, taking a step away from him. I felt him squeeze my waist tighter, and he pulled me against him, and hugging me.

I felt myself relax in his arms, and he pressed a kiss to my temple before slowly letting go of me and looking me in the eyes again,

"Where's Gage?" He asked and my eyes flickered to his lips for a split second,

"Um, h-he's on the FFA trip." I told him and he nodded, chuckling a little bit. "What?" I asked and grinned and he bit his lip,

"Nothing." He blushed slightly and I giggled before hesitantly pushing his hand off of my waist. I walked back over to Kali, and sat down, sitting the paint down as well. She was staring at me and I rolled my eyes,

"I know what you're gonna say..." I said quietly and crossed my arms, losing interest in my color wheel and letting my dream enter my thoughts again. She sat across from me,

"What? That you're finally believing that you have a huge crush on him? Or that you're completely head over heels?" I narrowed my eyes at her. "Or both?" She added and I looked back over at him.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore.

•••

"Dammit, Samantha just admit it!" Belle nearly shouted it as we walked around the edge of our field behind the house.

I invited her over for the night, and we were currently talking about you know who...

"I guarantee you that he thinks you like him back." She said solemnly and my eyes widened,

"What the hell? How?" I asked and she let out a sarcastic laugh,

"Oh come on, Samantha!" We stopped walking and I pulled my hat down over my ears. She looked at me, "You always let him cuddle with you, hold your hand, you let him kiss you, and you, freeken, love it."

I looked away from her, and looked up at the moon. She was right. About everything. And when she said that I let him kiss me, that doesn't mean on the lips. He just always kisses my forehead or temple or something, whenever he gets the chance to.

"Belle, don't put that on me, dude..." I trailed off and looked back at her. She sighed and looked across our neighbor's field, at the boys' place,

"Just admit it! And I'll let it go." She looked back at me and I started thinking about my dream again. "I won't say anything to them. I'll let you do that." She added and I narrowed my eyes at her, letting a quiet sigh escape my lips, knowing this was going to happen sooner or later... I bit my lip,

"Alright...yes. You're right." I said quietly and she looked at me,

"About?"

I knew she wouldn't let it go until I said it.

"About me liking him." I licked my lips, "I do. I like him a lot."

And it felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders after saying it.