Chapter 13: Movie Night (Part 2)

Luke and Michael came back out, and I gave Michael the 'What'd you do?' Look. Luke looked like he was nervous again, but when he looked back into my eyes, he smiled at me.

I'm not gonna lie, Luke was really cute. He was so sweet, and he was so shy. Am I a bad person for cuddling with him? I mean, behind Gage's back?

I was on Instagram, so I didn't notice Ashton give Luke a blanket and a pillow, and Calum give him a bowl of popcorn. I could feel Luke looking at me and I turned my phone off before looking over at him. He blushed and looked back down at his popcorn. I giggled and came over to him,

"Mind if I join you?" I asked and he locked eyes with me, grinning,

"N-no." He set the popcorn down and shuffled around before holding up the blanket for me to get under it.

He made it to where I was laying on his chest, and our legs were in between each other. He pulled me up a little more, and told me I could put my forehead in the crook of his neck if I wanted to. I grinned and did so, pulling the blanket over my shoulder,

"Luke, you need to loosen up." I could feel his heartbeat going really fast, and I laughed a little bit, "Your heart is beating a freeken mile a minute." I said and he laughed a little bit,

"Can I put my arms a-around you?" He stuttered, and my heart skipped a beat. I hesitated, thinking about Gage, but I nodded, knowing I would feel bad for saying no.

•••

We were only like 30 minutes into this 2 hour movie and I was already scared as hell. I was really tense, and I had put my eyes in the crook of Luke's neck like, twice. The boys had all of the lights off, which made it even worse.

I had the weird feeling that something was most likely gonna pop out or slowly crawl towards the camera, so I saved myself the mini heart attack, and hid away in Luke's neck again. I felt him grin, and I tensed up even more when the sound of the movie stopped, except for the footsteps of something.

And when those stopped, I felt Luke tense up again, and I heard a scream from the TV. Luke, and I'm pretty sure all of the others, jumped.

I bit my lip, holding back a laugh when he held me tighter and let out a huff.

"Sam, why are you hiding?" Ashton giggled and I brought my eyes back down to look at him,

"I'm not. I'm just smart enough to look away when something jumps out at you!" I said and they all laughed at me.

•••

I woke up to loud crack of thunder and jumped slightly. I opened my eyes and felt someone hold me tighter. I moved my hand from around their neck onto their shoulder, and realized that it wasn't Gage's. It was too broad to be Gage's.

I sat up slightly and saw Luke, who was still passed out, and I looked over at the other boys, who looked exactly the same. I giggled a little bit and looked at the clock hanging on the wall, 4:15.

I tried to get up, but he frowned slightly, pulling me against his chest. I pursed my lips together, holding back a smile. He mumbled something, and set his head against mine. I grinned,

"Luke..." I whispered and he nuzzled into my hair.

I moved my arms around his torso, and had the feeling of both guilt and nervousness. I'm not sure where the nervousness came from, but I know it was there.