Chapter 36: May 18th

I woke up to someone jumping on my bed and yelling,

"Happy Birthday, Sam!" It was Michael and I barely opened my eyes before shutting them again and laughing. "Wake up! You need to open the present I got for you!"

"I'm up!" I laughed and he got off of my bed. I got up and stretched, walking downstairs. I got into the dining room and Michael and my parents were in there. I smiled when I saw the small wrapped boxes on the table and Michael hugged me,

"Hi." He laughed and I hugged him back, laughing as well,

"Hi.?" We pulled apart and my parents told me happy birthday too, giving me hugs and stuff.

"Sam, you have to open mine first because we have to get ready for school. And I wanna see your face when you open it." He stated and I grinned,

"Okay."

He passed me a rectangular box wrapped in blue paper, and I giggled, unwrapping it and opening the lid. My jaw dropped and I laughed,

"Michael!" I looked up at him and he laughed at me,

"I knew you wanted it really badly and I was like, eh why not? It's the least I could do for the Nickelback tickets." He said and I stood up, hugging him around the neck,

"Mikey, thank you!" I said and he put me down. "I'm wearing it today." I ran back upstairs and into my room.

He got me a jumper, it was blue and white, and it said 'Los Angeles' across the chest, and it had a double 00 under the words. I've loved this jumper for a long time, mostly because I love LA, and the fact that it had my birth year on it. (2000) but without the 20.

I put on my Hollister jean shorts, and curled my hair. I did my makeup and put on a pair of white low top Converse. I felt so happy, and I just hope today is perfect.

•••

I was sitting at lunch, between Gage and Donell, and so far, today has been perfect. I freeken love my jumper, and my friends have been telling me 'Happy Birthday!' all day.

Today's Anna's birthday too, and she and Ashton were eating lunch together. I thought it was so cute, since Anna had been crushing on him since they got here. I was happy for my best friend, you know?

Donell and Gage, and some of the others, decided it'd be a good idea to sing Happy Birthday to me in the cafeteria, and my face turned as red as a cherry when people looked at us.

I laughed quietly and looked away from Gage, and he put his arm around me. They finished the song, and he kissed my cheek,

"Happy Birthday." He whispered and I giggled,

"Thank you."

•••

I got back home around 5:30, and said bye to Gage. He took me out on a birthday date and it was actually a lot of fun. My family, which means my grandparents, sister and Joe, parents, and Liz, were all in my house when I walked in. I didn't know where the boys were.

We just started calling Liz and the boys our family once we got to know them. My sister came and gave me a hug, and I gave her boyfriend Joe one too, and also my grandparents and Liz.

They all told me happy birthday and I moved some hair behind my ear,

"Where are the-"

"Sam!" Ashton's voice cut me off, and I turned just in time for him to pick me up and spin me around. He took me into the living room, and somehow, I ended up on the carpet, and Ash pinned me there, putting a leg on either side of me. "Get her, lads!"

I didn't know what they were doing, until Ashton started tickling my sides, and I got a glimpse of Calum holding my hands behind my head so I couldn't stop Ashton from tickling me.

I couldn't stop laughing, and Ashton finally stopped tickling me after some long seconds. I was getting my breath back, and he and Cal looked down at me,

"Happy Birthday." They said in sync and I looked away from them, laughing again,

"Yeah," I looked back, "thanks, boys."

"Oh no." Michael's voice ran through my ears and I turned to lock eyes with him. I raised an eyebrow and he grinned at me, "We didn't get to tickle her." He stated and Ash and Cal exchanged glances. "Luke!" He shouted and Luke walked over to us, taking Ashton's spot.

He smirked at me and I blushed, feeling butterflies rise in my stomach when he started tickling my sides and arms. I couldn't stop laughing again, and I was starting to hurt.

I managed to wriggle my wrists and hands out of Michael's grip, and I started hitting Luke's chest,

"Luke! P-Please! I can't bre-breathe!" I laughed and he finally stopped tickling me, grabbing my hands and both of us were panting. He chuckled and intertwined our fingers. He pressed a kiss onto the back of my hand and looked into my eyes,

"Happy Birthday, Beautiful." He said softly and I blushed again, realizing the boys had left the living room.

I squeezed his hands gently and our breathing leveled out,

"Thank you." I whispered and he looked around my features. He opened his mouth to say something, but my mom's voice cut him off,

"Sammy! Ready to cut your cake?" She asked and I looked back at Luke. He bit his lip and stood up, and pulled me up afterwards. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and hugged me. It caught me off guard, but I hugged him back because I love his hugs.

"Can I sit by you?" He asked and I laughed lightly, nodding,

"Of course." I said and I don't know why, but I pressed a light kiss under his jawline and felt his jaw drop a little bit.

•••

I looked at the clock, 8:32. The boys and I were watching movies, and we had just finished The Lion King. I was standing in the kitchen, waiting for the popcorn in the microwave to finish popping. I yawned and I felt someone's arms wrap around me.

They nuzzled into my hair, and I shivered when I felt his breath trickle down my neck. I looked down and noticed they were Luke's arms, and my heart started beating a mile a minute.

My muscles weakened when he pressed a kiss behind my earlobe, and I turned to face him. I leaned against the counter and he squeezed me tighter before putting his forehead against mine. My eyes found his lips again and my lips parted when he bit his bottom lip.

My hands moved up to his collarbone, and I looked into his eyes again. God, his eyes are so perfect. I love his eyes more than anything else.

...Wait. What?