35} Beginning to an End

.

Louis

I haven't slept, eaten, or moved in the past - what is it? - two days. Well, scratch that, I just ate an hour ago and moved multiple times to go to the bathroom, while also taking 20-minute power naps in between. So, technically, I'm perfectly fine.

But it feels like I just wrote the world's greatest dictionary.

More specifically (and realistically), I have been planning on something that I've been waiting on for over four years. And I've already messed it up once, I do not want to mess it up again. Especially since she's my best friend.

From what I've gathered in the past couple of months, I realized that I am not the best at romance/relationships. And lets be honest, I'm not. Which is ironic because I'm in a band who's music contains more than 90% of love songs. Funny.

Anyways, I've been planning to tell Jessica the big news - we can finally be together. Sounds clingy, but it's true. There's nothing holding us back anymore, really, and I know that there's just a fraction of a spark between Jessica and I. I just need to ignite that spark and set it on fire - in a good way.

I've also been meaning to call Skylar, who probably hates my guts by now, but I need all the help I can get. I called her over 8 times, and on the 9th time I finally realize that our time range is different, which might have affected the unanswered calls. She's either fast asleep or ignoring me.

Later on, as I stir my tea in the our hotel room's kitchen, I hear the buzzing sound of my phone vibrating in the other room. I don't waste any time and legit leap to my phone, because I know Skylar - she's stubborn and protective, which I respect, but if I don't answer my phone now, there's a slim chance I'll even get to talk to her through the phone again. If that makes sense.

"Hello?" I answer, trying to hide the fact that I just rapidly jumped over the couch in a sudden motion.

Skylar huffs a vague laugh, "Louis? Is this you?"

"Um, yep- I mean, yes." I gulp and try to act professional.

"What do you need?" Skylar replies normally, but I can't help think that there's a tad bit of annoyance in her voice.

I lick my lips and try to explain "So, you know how- well, that the thing that me and... It's actually pretty funny, remember when- Actually, it was with the thing and we-"

"Can you cut to the chase?" She interrupts.

"Okay," I take a deep breath, "So, you remember how the management was the reason Jess and I couldn't be together? Along with Eleanor and a lot of other unnecessary things?" 

"I try not to remember, but yea."

"The management said that Jess and I could be together, finally. There's no obstacles anymore. Jessica and I can finally be together." I explain, and the more I say it out loud, the happier I get.

"What's your point?" She replies, obviously with no sudden happiness in her tone unlike mine.

I stammer, "Jessica and I could finally be together. I-Isn't that-"

"Louis, I understand what your saying, it's just- I don't know what to say to that anymore."

"What do you mean?"

She sighs, "Don't you see a pattern? One day you and Jessica are gonna live happily ever after and then the next day you're off touring the world leaving behind so many lies. Louis, I know your trying to mean well, but I just don't want Jessica to get hurt anymore. Besides, our lives are already over dramatic as it is."