24} Absolute Truth

Suddenly, I deeply regret not getting myself dressed for today. I must look like complete mess.

"Hey, Jessica." Eleanor softly says.

"Eleanor," I say still in shock and disgusted,"Why are you here?"

"It's just- I thought-" she sighs, "Can I please come in?"

"Okay," my mouth says before my brain even knows.

Surprising myself, I open the door for her and she steps through. So many things were running through my mind, aching to be spoked out - but I held my tongue for Eleanor.

Yes, I hate her. But the look on Eleanor's face was so broken... so lost - it would feel wrong not to let her in. Out of comfort and kindness, I at least tried to be nice - unless she's putting on an act again, then I would kick her skinny ass out of here.

"Thank you," she vaguely says as she takes her shoes off.

"Um, what did you need to tell me?" I ask as we walk towards the couch.

We take a seat in the opposite side of the couch but relatively close to each other.

"Jessica, I'm-"

"The fuck?" I hear Skylar's annoyed voice from the corner of the room.

I wave her over to where I'm sitting and Skylar hesitantly comes by my side.

"What is she doing here?" Skylar asks in a low voice.

"I don't know. She knocked the door and I answered and she happened to be there!"

"Why?"

"I don't know!"

Skylar moans and turns back to Eleanor with the most pissed off expression. In all honesty, I had to hold back my laughter from Skylar's face right now.

"So, what did you need to tell me?" I ask, resuming our conversation with Skyalr still next to me.

I could see in Eleanor's face that she's highly uncomfortable - but after all she's done to me, I think she deserves a bit of awkwardness herself.

Eleanor licks her lips and looks down at the ground, "Jessica, I-I... I'm sorry."

I blink, "What?"

"I'm sorry, Jessica."

I'm shocked, surprised, and confused, "What do you mean?"

She takes a deep breath, "Louis didn't lie to you, I did."

My mind is about to explode - suddenly, I feel so overwhelmed. I want to know more about everything Eleanor has to say, but I'm speechless. Hopefully, Eleanor could tell that I desperately wanted her to go on.

"Louis did like you all this time - hell, he loved you." Eleanor carefully continues, "He never did this out of pity, he never thought your relationship was nothing, he... he never wanted to hurt you."

I feel like I'm going to fall back into oblivion any moment right now, because that's what my mind is going through.

"Then... W-why did - what?" I stutter, completely confused.

"I lied." She confesses, still looking at the ground, "I lied about all of it, everything. Trust me, from the beginning, Louis' had feelings for you - still has feelings for you - and it was all genuine and true. He never, ever did it out of pity or anything else - he did it out of pure affection."

"But you're the one who told me about it." I say.

"I know." She says, sounding so disappointed in herself, "I was denial, stupid, and bitchy. I-I just didn't accept the fact that Louis chose you over me. And I never did accept it, until now."