12} Slowly Drifting

The door slams in my face, leaving me with teary eyes and silent sobs. Everything Eleanor told me sinks deep into my skin and it's breaking me down.

No, it's not real.

She's lying.

Don't believe her, don't fall into her trap.

I keep repeating over and over again that Eleanor made it all up, but there's this little part of me that tells me it true. I hate it, it can't be true... It's so stupid to believe her, but the confidence and reassurance in her voice tells me otherwise.

Why did she have to turn everything around? Why did she do this to me? Is Louis really just doing this out of pity? Has our relationship been a lie? Why do I cry so fucking much?

Suddenly, I hear footsteps exiting the bedroom and I immediately get myself together. Wiping my tears and calming my sobs, I try to pretend like nothing happened. My puffy eyes and red cheeks obviously show that I'm not okay, so I'm hiding my face as much as I can.

"Niall's coming over in like, fifteen- Wait, where's Eleanor?" Louis says and walks over to the living room.

I clear my throat, "She left."

"Aw, really?" Louis huffs, "I didn't say goodbye."

My heart breaks a bit more when I heard the sadness in his voice for Eleanor. Maybe he really does love Eleanor, instead. I can't help but sniffle and look at the ground.

"Jess, are you okay?" Louis steps closer.

I step back and my hair helped covered my face, "Y-Yea, its just allergies."

It was a crappy lie but it's all I got at the moment. Right now, I just want some comfort and lay down... But not with Louis.

That sounds rude, I know. It's just because if I'm with him, I'll probably feel even worse. I can't stop thinking that our entire relationship might be a lie.

"I-I'm gonna head over to Skylar's house." I say, barely over a whisper and slip on my shoes.

Louis jogs over to me, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Jessica, what's the matter?"

I hate how he acts like he doesn't know what he did. Real or not real, all of this has to do with Louis and it's impossible for him to not know about this. How long did he think this would go on for?

"Nothing, I'm just heading to Skylar's," I mutter and slam the door behind me before he argues even more.

I step outside into the rainy atmosphere. Just like the weather, its pouring raindrops but I'm pouring tears. I step into my car, already soaking wet due to the rain and drive away. If only I could drive away from my problems...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skylar walks over with a cup of hot cocoa and sits down beside me on her bed. I'm already tangled up with multiple blankets with snacks laying all around. The perfect way to recover.

"Ok, what's up?" She hands me the cup.

I explained all the major things that happened just an hour ago. As I hear myself talk, I realize how dramatic it sounds. Throughout the explanation, I could see the rage in Skylar's eyes and her shocked expression.

"What a fucking bitch." She growls as I finish talking. "She literally told you all that?"

I nod, not wanting to speak because my unstable voice will be heard.

"Did you talk to Louis?"

I shake my head, "If I do, the only thing that's gonna be going through my mind is that our relationship might be a lie...and I can't handle that."