17} Remember

Arteries are blood vessels that carry blood away from the heart. Veins are blood vessels that carry blood to the heart. Capillaries exchange-

A pencil flicks at my head, knocking me out of my studying. Irritated, I stuck my notes in my textbook to hold the page I was on.

"Jessica, I'm bored." Louis whines.

I roll my eyes and continue to read, "You wouldn't be if you were actually trying to study."

"But studying is boring."

I sit up on the bed, "Our end of course exam is in three days, we have to be prepared."

He sighs, "But I don't wanna."

I roll my eyes yet again and plop down into my spot on the bed, resuming my scientific thoughts. While Louis continues to play with his pencil next to be, completely ignoring his notes.

Our end of course exams are next week, and as always we decided to study on the last minute. It sucks because almost all of our exams are in one week and it's overwhelming. There's science, math, history....

If I fail this, not only will my parents kill me, but my future kinda depends on this. Especially since I'm in the eleventh year for school, it's even more crucial. Which also means more pressure.

I hate it.

"I'm gonna get a snack." Louis states and gets up.

"Get me a glass of water, please!" I say as he walks out.

374 pages of endless science and I'm on page 78 for the past three hours. I look over all the notes scattered around me and sigh. This is not how I want to spend my Saturday.

Louis walks in with a water bottle and a bag of trail mix. He sits down beside me while crossing his legs and hands me my water.

"I think I found a funner way on study all this shit." Louis says quite proud.

I just had to correct him, "Funner isn't a word. But what's your idea?"

"We quiz each other and every time you get the answer right, you get a treat from the trail mix. But the person who asks you the question has to throw your treat into your mouth and you have to try and catch it."

I ponder, "Huh, that's actually a good idea. Good job, Lou."

He looks puzzled, "I always do a good job."

I laugh, "Okay, whatever. Let's get started."

I sit criss crossed in front of him and grab my notes along with the trail mix, "What muscles make up the heart?"

"Love muscles." He states and laughs, "No, just kidding. Um, cardiac muscles?"

I smile, "Correct."

I pick a raisin from the bag and aim for his mouth. He's wide open, plus I'm like a foot away from him so it'll be easy. With one swift toss, I get it into his mouth and he munches on it happily.

"Okay, my turn." He grabs my notes and the trail mix, "What does the skeletal system do?"

"It provides support, structure, protection, and produces some blood cells."

"Damn, right on the spot. Okay, open up!" He grabs an almond and gets ready.

I open my mouth but also try to keep an eye on the almond. He tosses it up and it lands on my eye.