8} We'll make this work

My heart stops. Fuck, the management.

"Okay... W-What did they say?" I stutter.

He sighs, "They don't like the idea. The idea about us, I mean."

He waits for my response but I'm speechless, waiting for him to explain more.

"They said that we could still be together..." Louis softly says, "But I can't be seen with you."

He pauses which gives me a second to soak in the words. Can't be seen with you. Many, many thoughts are going through my head, but only one word seems to come out.

"What?" I exhale, I didn't realize I was holding my breath until now.

"They don't like the idea of us being together... The Elounor and Larry thing has been going on forever. If I broke up with Eleanor, half of the fans will be affected by this and not in a good way. It seems a lot of them have been attached to El and it's great publicity, actually. So much publicity that they still wanted 'Elounor' to go on, and that's why we have to keep out relationship a secret, sadly."

I try to comprehend everything that he's saying, but my thoughts are all jumbled up with all of this. There are so many negatives in this situation that it makes my heart ache.

"The only good thing out of all this is I can still be with you, though. We may have to keep it a secret but as long as I'm with you, that's all I need." Louis breaks the silence, trying to make this a bit more happier.

I finally found the my words to speak. "So, we're a couple but not a couple?"

"Yeah," he sighs, "We could still hang out but we just can't let the paps or anyone notice that we're dating."

"I-I guess." I mumble, which is the only thing I could say at the moment.

"I'm sorry, love. I swear later on, we won't hold anything back and nobody could tell us otherwise. One day we're gonna show our love and announce it to the entire world."

"But today isn't that day..." I couldn't hold back the sadness in my voice.

He sighs, "Jessica, I wish I could do something but the fucking management practically controls my life. When I heard the news my heart broke, I'm so sorry."

"I know. It's okay." I whisper as my eyes get watery.

"You sure?"

"Yea, I'm fine." I say and hang up before he could hear my sobs.

The tears silently fall down my cheeks and the snot in my nose starts to clogging up. I don't know why I'm crying, it's not that bad really. Louis is still mine, we still have each other, and there's nothing going between us...except for his career. And the fact that we have to keep our feelings a secret.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but the realization hurts. I was so happy to have Louis in my life and express my love, but now I can't. Maybe it isn't that bad, Louis didn't seem that upset about this so I shouldn't either. Besides, all I have to do is put an act on and pretend like nothing is happening between me and Lou. It'll be alright, it's ok.

Even though I've given myself a good, positive pep talk, my eyes can't help but cry. There's something about this situation that doesn't seem right, I just can't tell what it is.

"Jess, what's the matter?" Skylar asks and scoots over to me.

I turn my head and I forgot she was here, I was too caught up in that phone call. Now she sees me crying and shit, great. I may be sensitive but I never want people to see me weak, even though it happens a lot.