Chapter 1

• Dedicated to My German Friend Eric C:

"Good morning students, I'm Mrs. Golaki!" she sounded like a witch with her squeaky voice, " I'll be your homeroom advisor for the rest of the year. So on behalf of your first day, I think we'll start our year of with a warm up exercise called name ball."

        I zoned out. That woman talks too much. This is my new school. I thought to myself as I look up and around the circle. My class consist of a bunch of weirdo's, a girl with purple hair, and a pretty boy. He stuck out like a sore thumb. He was tall, maybe 6'2, he had thee prettiest dark brown eyes I'd ever seen, and he had long hair he was brushing back out of his face. I forced myself to look away so he wouldn't catch me glaring at him. I scanned the circle again. This time my eyes caught a girls eyes. Her yellowish green eyes burned into my corneas. She was gorgeous; tan, dirty blonde hair, and she was thin. Her face resembled a doe's, delicate and fragile. However her face also reminded me of a retro video game character. Then she looked at my black Vans. As I looked down I realized I had a scuff or two. As I knelt down to rub the scuff marks off I felt the ball zoom past my head and hit my cheap plastic blue chair. My instant reaction was to shoot up. When I looked up, the girl had a slight sideways smirk. "What's your name?" she slyly questioned. "Katrina, call me Kat." I'd been here for half an hour and already made an enemy. "Grace, call me Grace." she snidely replied. The class started to chuckle.  "Alright, settle down. Now Kat, throw the ball to someone who has their feet in the circle that you'd like to get to know this year." I scanned the circle until my eyes met these gorgeous dark brown's. I threw the ball to him. He smirked then improved his posture. "Bond, James Bond." he sarcastically responded. Everyone giggled. "Just kidding, Daniel. Danny for short." For some odd reason, my heart was pounding so loud I thought everyone could hear it.

        My day was pretty normal until lunch. I got out of science early and sat in a random spot. "Hey, Katrina right?" a familiar voice asked. "Kat." I replied. I turned around and it was Daniel. "Yeah, Kat." He smirked, "Can my boys and I sit here?" "No way." I regrettably joked. Daniel gave me the 'Oh damn.' look. "I'm only kidding dude, of course you can." I laughed and he smiled.

        I watched Daniel eat his lunch. He wasn't as messy as his friends. His smile was cute, it made me smile. The first couple minutes of lunch were quiet accept the chewing noises everyone made. Daniel broke the silence, " So where'd you move here from, Kat?" "Arizona."  I lied. "Oh, my uncle lives down there! He loves it the warm weather." Daniel's face lit up. Daniel kind of looked like the soccer player Zlatan Ibrahimovic but like less of a beast. I didn't mind the similarity though, soccer players are babes.

"Play any sports?" Daniel asked. "Skateboard and dance, you?" I replied. "Football, and soccer." "Oh wow, lovely." I smiled and Daniel laughed. "Uh, are you going to introduce me to your friends, or will we eat in silence for the rest of the year?" I smiled. "Oh yeah, ha. This is Ian." He pointed at a tall, slender, muscular guy with sandy blonde hair and ice blue eyes. "This is Christian." He pointed to a dark haired guy with eyes so dark brown they looked black. "And this is Sammy." He pointed at a slightly smaller guy with short, kind of curly dirty blonde hair and greenish blue eyes. They said hello simultaneously. " Hey guys, I'm Kat. I moved here with my family this past summer." I lied again. "Brothers, sisters?" "No." I lied once more. I had two sisters, and a brother back at home. "Cool. Oh by the way, my friend is having a party this weekend, to start of the year, want to come?" Daniel hesitantly asked. I desperately wanted to say yes. " Maybe, I'd have to ask my parents, they're kind of strict." I kept lying. My parents weren't strict at all, Max and Abigail were. "Okay," Daniel said grimly, " Here's my number if you can. I can come pick you up if you'd like." He flashed a quick smile. "Thanks aha." I smiled and walked up to dump my tray.

I carried on with the rest of my day concentrating on his face every chance I got. Whenever I saw him, the song 'Off To The Races.' popped into my head for some reason.