Chapter 20 - Part One

(this isn't my best piece of writing, but it's the only part I was able to save from my laptop... Sorry about the embarrassing wait.)

- - -

Chapter 20

~ Girls Dormitory ~

A small figure was sitting on the long, extended window sill, peering out of one of the grand Hogwarts' windows. The black spiral markings on the window were entertaining to Lillian. They looked as if they were hand carved; the patterns were gold and she knew that such detail could only but be hand crafted, of course.

They reminded her of the pillars she had seen in a Museum her mother took her to one day back home; when life was easy and buttered. But she wasn't in a museum; she was in Hogwarts. And her mother was gone. Dead.

Something else drew her attention away from the markings on the window; it was a shadow that was slowly emerging out of the school grounds. Lillian pushed her face towards the glass and scrutinised it. It looked like... no! Lillian mentally slapped herself. It was NOT him, NOT Professor Lupin.

Her mind started hollering questions. Was that him? If so, then why was he wondering out of the school grounds at night time on a full moon? What was he doing?

A cunning smile crept over her face. She didn't know any answers to her questions, but she wanted to follow him.

It was decided.

Lillian pulled her white shoes on and over her jeans. She grabbed a thin-ish jacket and crept down the stairs and into the common room.

She knew where to go, and where to go to NOT get caught. Under the Whomping Willow there was a passageway that lead to The Shrieking Shack. Lillian’s instincts were telling her to go there, and go there now!

So she did.

And she never got caught, which was particularly strange. She made her way down all the stair cases, making sure she jumped OVER the tricky stair, and once she was near the entrance hall, she began to hear the slow pitter patter of footsteps echoing towards her.

Heart throbbing, Lillian pressed her frame up against the stone wall of a narrow corridor. Filch and his cat strolled by. So casually.

"I told you Misses Norris, those bloody kids! They’re daft so they are, trying to wander the school grounds when Black’s been let loose… Oh yeah, I know what you’re thinking," the cat meowed. "Don’t think any pupil will get past me!" his voice faded away into the distance along with him. Lillian smirked and took a long leap forward, where she gripped at a sleeping tapestry of an old man. Thankfully, she never woke him up.

Lillian ran like there was no tomorrow. She ran out of the castle, past the greenhouses and just before she reached Hagrid’s hut, she scampered towards The Forbidden Forest. Nobody, not even Black, scared Lillian. That much was evident enough to her.