Chapter 37

~ Dinner Hall ~

“Lilly!” Remus bent down to Lillian and whispered in her ear. “Can I speak with you for a moment, please?”

Lillian stood up immediately and left the breakfast table and exited out from the hall; all the while aware of Severus's black, obstinate eyes burning through the back of her head.

“Glad to see you're looking a bit better,” he pointed to her blushing cheeks. “Perhaps our trip to Hogsmeade did you justice, eh?”

Lillian smiled, nodding.

“But listen, I did some tracking on what permitted Leo to say such things to you earlier... Brace yourself kid, turns out his BFF Draco cast an spell on him forcing him to say those things to you. Really it was Draco admitting how Draco felt about you, not Leo. I've assigned Draco with numerous detentions and be sure to expect an utmost apology from him very soon. So you're rest assured that Leo was under the influence of Mr. Malfoy's disgusting tactics... I thought you should know this.”

“Sooooo it was really Draco saying all those things about me, right?”

“Right!” Remus turned and looked at the boy who was making his way out the main doors along with a few others who had had enough of breakfast. Remus nodded to him then patted Lillian's shoulder before disappearing.

Unsurprisingly Lillian's heart leapt to her stomach and so did Leo's. Leo looked rough as hell. From the glimpse she took at him during breakfast, he looked like he was going to be sick. He was so pale.

He never even uttered a single word to Lillian, he merely just cuddled her for a short moment.

“It wasn't me, I swear! I'd never call you... that!”

“I know,” Lillian bit her lip. “It was that stupid snake Freaky Fraco!”

Leo's face became still, holding in his laughter. “Freaky Fraco?”

“He's an absolute freak, so that what I'm gonna call him!”

“Will you come somewhere with me tonight?” he leaned closer. Now this was definitely Leo.

“Anywhere,” she breathed.

“Six o' clock outside the Greenhouses, k?”

“Kay...”

Lillian!” barked Snape who came marching forward from the shadows. “I need a word with you... alone!”

It was clear that Snape hated Leo; hated him with an unnatural passion. Nobody was good enough for Lillian, even though he wouldn't outwardly admit so. Snape shoved Leo out of the way. Leo stumbled and growled at Snape, his teeth literally bearing.

“Now!” Snape turned her around and pushed her towards her office where he interrogated her with his questions and insinuations about her association with Professor Lupin.

~ The Tunnel ~

Lillian was outraged to figure out that where Leo had asked her to go with him was in fact the Shrieking Shack.

“I can't believe you tricked me,” she muttered under her breath. Leo sighed in frustration and ignored her. Someone was waiting for her on the opposite side of the tunnel. If only Lillian and Leo were to know that it wasn't just Draco awaiting for them. There was somebody – or more like something – lurking in the shadows...