Chapter 35

Chapter 35

~ The Tunnel ~

It had been a long time since he'd been near the school; being able to see the actual castle itself was a little overwhelming for him, but he had no time to stall and reminisce about his past; he had come here for one purpose and one purpose only – to seek his long awaited vengeance.

The paws moved faster and faster beneath the tunnel which led from the Shrieking Shack to the Castle. The lanterns at the end of the tunnel flashed, signalling who was getting warmer to him... or should I say colder?

The Grim panted and darted around a fly-speck twist in the tunnel, momentarily becoming unnoticeable. His tongue was hanging out in concentration as he focused on darting from corner to corner, wall to wall, trying to loose them but they were too quick; like always. Suddenly the Grim's breath exhaled out in swirls before him, turning into a peroxide white. His tongue was no longer wagging, it was back behind his clamped jaw now. He could see the last lantern, the open gate-way to his ticket of retribution. He ran for what seemed his life towards the speck of light, but then the Dementor appeared at the end of the tunnel. BOOM! The Grim quickly transformed into his human and evaporated into thin air, just before he was greeted by those memorable kisses...

As he cursed and looked outside the window, panting and shaking, he caught glimpse of a group of children nearing the Shrieking Shack. Not those God damn kids again! He could hear them laughing, taunting each other to move closer to it. The man's bony fingers peeled the tattered curtains over the window and sat down. He was so exhausted.

“Well,” he murmured to himself, resting his greasy head against the fat armchair. “Least Remus will be happy I waited for him after all... Humph!”