Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Lillian’s first acquaintance with The Silver Doe was certainly not an unforgettable experience indeed.

-~ Snape's Classroom ~

Lillian did as she was told the night before, and she reported to Snape's, not Severus's, but Snape's office, where she knew what was awaiting for her. Snape was becoming too much like her old father - the one she despised. The shouting was becoming too much, as well. Lillian always hated being shouted at. It made her feel so small and vulnerable.

"Have you any idea what you've caused me today?"

"I said I'm sorry!" Lilliam whimpered.

"Sorry? Sorry! That pathetic use of an apology better be wiped off your tongue, Miss Stewart! No 'sorry's' will ever mean anything to me. I've spoken with the headmaster. For the rest of the term you will report to my classroom at the end of every day for detention. If any other teacher finds you worthy enough to undergo dreaded tasks, then you will carry them out as part of your punishment. You will also help Hagrid on Friday's! I am so angry with you, Lillian! I knew from the very moment I..."

"You what? You... you let me into your house? Or... you spoke to me? Told me I'm a witch? ADOPTED ME?"

"Don't you DARE shout at me! I am sick and tired of this. You have been nothing but an embarrassment! Have you any idea what's in that forest... Which brings me back to my question!" Snape was getting angrier and angrier with each passing second. People were beginning to assemble outside of his classroom for their lesson. Snape completely blanked their pathetic exsitence. "Where were you last night?"

"Like you don’t know already! And you used to call me your stalker?" Lillian felt a constriction inside her throat escalate up and up; it was her laughter?

Snape’s face hardened. He mustn’t get too angry. Deep breathes, deep breathes.

"I want you to tell me exactly where you were! Enough of this childish attitude!"

"I went for a walk," Lillian grinned smugly.

"Why did you go for this ‘walk’? You very well know the rules: children are forbidden to leave the school grounds without—."

"—permission, yeah I know." Lillian cut in. "But I wanted to go for a walk – I needed a walk!"

‘I wanted to find out what Professor Lupin was up to,’

she was close to confessing, but managed to stop herself.

"YOU KNOW THE RULES LILLIAN!!!!!!!!" Snape’s livid mouth spat saliva over the girls face.

"Spray that again, pop?" Lillian joked but suddenly flinched when Snape thrashed his fists’ down upon his desk and began screaming in her face with all his might, his black rippling out furiously with the cold breeze.

"THIS IS NO JOKE! HOW DARE YOU EMBARRASS ME LIKE THAT! I PROMISED THE HEADMASTER THAT YOU WOULD BEHAVE YOURSELF AT THIS SCHOOL! YOU WERE MY RESPONSIBILITY! YOU ARE AN OUTRAGE!" Snape stormed over towards her, Lillian took a step backwards… "NOW TELL ME WHERE YOU WERE? WHO WERE YOU SPYING ON?! YOU BETTER TELL ME!"

People were whispering from outside, presently becoming more and more nosey.

"Nobody..." Lillian’s eyes were casting shadows upon her cheek while she averted her eyes from Snape’s face. She didn’t want to grass her DADA teacher up. She didn’t want to –

Suddenly her mind went topsy turvy and she felt a red hot searing sensation travel across her right cheek, all the way to the back of her head.

Snape hit her. He actually hit her, and it hurt! Whether the pain was physical or mental, the girl would never know but it truly did hurt something awful! It was brining back painful memories!