Chapter 6

• Dedicated to Mary-louise Conway

Chapter 6

 ~ Severus's House ~

Lillian snooped about for an hour or so, curious. She could hear Severus talking to somebody downstairs.

Lillian was curious as to whom it might have been, who he was talking with, but she was more curious as to what she would find in Snape's drawers.

Maybe you're thinking she's prying a little too much, like a stalker, but she just wanted her mind to keep occupied.

Away from what.. happened...

Lillian came across some weirdly arranged and colourful books. Snape liked books, yeah he did, but did he really have to keep all the filthy and worn-out ones?

Eugh! Lillian picked up a random book. It's cover was grey, the material was like a partly sodden velvet.

She looked at the title: Understanding the Concept of Transfiguration, a guide for an Animagus by Professor Lionessle.

Wondering what an Animagus was, she turned the page.

There was a few smeared out words on the first page. Lillian scrutinised them: she could just make out the word Property and the word Prince.

Wondering, again, what the sentence would have said as a full, Lillian heard somebody getting ready to mount the stairs.

Grabbing the book and putting it down the side of her jeans, because it was small, Lillian ran out of Snape's black and brown room and as if she was a simple shadow, she bounced into the spare room, her room.

"Lillian, I need to speak with you,"    His voice was low and detested, and seemed to swarm to her through the dimness.  

Lillian, trying to hide her panting, looked up at Snape.

He entered her room while she swiftly hid the book under her faded pillow.

"I need to tell you something."     His boots became still and he stopped nervously beside her bed.