Chapter 26

Chapter 26

~ DADA classroom ~

Everyone knew that teacher-wise Lillian was fond of Professor Lupin. There was something about him that fascinated her. Granted, he was just as mysterious as Severus, but Lillian didn’t want to help Professor Lupin like she wanted to for Severus, she merely wanted to be in his company. And also wanted to avoid detentions. Lillian had kept a close eye on her DADA professor, desiring to figure out why he still goes for midnight strolls into The Forbidden Forest. Lillian had stopped stalking him a while back, by the desire was always still there.

Professor Lupin was hiding secrets, dark ones at that rate, and she knew that.

Everyday, when class finished, Lillian would always offer to help clear away any of the used equipment etcetera, and the teacher would always accept, as he too liked her. She was one of his favourite students. But Lupin noticed how, when in his company, she couldn’t stop talking. She talked about silly things really, asked questions about things that were pointless but Professor Lupin would answer them if possible.

Nevertheless, whenever Professor Lupin asked her a question, concerning her fear of The Grim Reaper, her real connection with Severus, and her crush for Leo Forest, Lillian would tense and bomces so immobile that the teacher often had to shake her and apologise for prying.

The girls keeping secrets, thought Remus. But then again, so was he.

Lillian - trying to prevent any awkwardness about her going tense and stuff - would normally ask a question. "Sir, what do you know about an Animagus?"

Professor Lupin froze, his wand was held in mid-air. For a moment, he wasn’t going to answer her but then that would have just looked suspicious.

"An Animagus is a powerful witch or wizard whom can transform into an animal at will, but one animal and one animal only. The form of their animagus is made by unveling their inner spirit. It's a piece of very powerful magic." He now resumed levitating books away into the correct places of his bookshelves by using his wands.

"And, out of curiosity, how does one become an Animagus?"

"I know you said out of curiosity, but what is the real reason for your questioning, Lilly?"

"I’m just curious, honestly. I find the Anamagi facsinating!" Lillian smiled nonchalantly, trying to avoid the changing of subject to occur.

There was a pause, then the professor said, "One would have to be very powerful in order to do so. They’d have to have mastered the Transfiguration skill and constantly focus on what it is they truly want to transform. Even then, as powerful as they may be, the transfiguration can go horribly, horribly wrong!"

Lillian, putting away some books without magic, asked, "So in theory: one would have to be powerful, and mastered the Transfiguration skill in order to be able to change themselves into their Animagus, but what if there was a spell or something… or a… a—."

"That is enough Miss Snape! Enough of transfiguration and animagi talk! Keep these questions for McGonagall. In the meanwhile, don’t you have History of Magic to go to?" The teacher coked his eyebrow. Lillian turned around and smiled at him.

"Of course, thank you sir!" And then she left, leaving the Professor to wonder what the hell that was all about.

Lilly was up to something, growled Remus.

But what on Earth was it?!

- - -

~ Hogsmade ~

After a History of Magic was over, Lillian did as promised with Leo, and they went to Hogsmade, using a secret passageway behind a caved in mirror on the fourth floor of the castle.

Everything was looking up for Lillian. She was getting on better with Severus, her grades were improving massively ever since she was allowed access to Severus's library back home, and she now had her true friends back - Arostia and Leo - and, on that note, things were shaping up between her and Leo - a lot.

Sitting in Honeydukes, Leo looked over the table towards Lillian, who was sipping at her over-sized drink.

"Come here," Leo lent forward. Lillian licked the spillage away from her lips then lent forward, to which she was greeted by Leo's soft, peach lips. Her first kiss! And it was... wet! "I've been wanting to do that ever since I first saw you at that train station!"

Lillian blushed. This was one of three happiest moments in her life so far. The first one: when she was told she was a witch, the second one: when Severus gave her gifts (his own, personal books) and now this one: her first kiss with Leo Forest. Her first kiss, period.

Now all she had to do was master one thing, and one thing only.