Chapter 13

(a/n: I have a few ideas and reasons for her being in this specific house.)

Chapter 13

~ Dumbledore's Office ~

Dumbledore's office can only be described as being... magical!

Unbelievable! Out of this world... or at least it was to Lillian.

In his domain, moving portraits of previous headmaster's snoring were surmounting his walls. There was a fire-like bird with a long feathery tail staring at Lillian when she entered with Severus.

"Albus," Severus greeted the headmaster, whom was sitting opposite a large, in fact, too large a desk. Malty coloured silk quills were dabbing themselves into silver ink; parchments where everywhere and anywhere. Arches, spiral stairs and hand carvings were everywhere too.

Even some source of music that she could hear was playing magically; a mirrored harp that blew smoke from its strings was near the entrance of the door.

Lillian blinked in awe; a snoring hat was overpowering the snoring pictures from behind the desk.

A hat... snoring!

Lillian's stance near the thick and dark oak door was poised for a reasonably long time until she saw Severus stalk over to Dumbledore's side, where he muttered something into his ear.

"Lilly!" called Dumbledore. Lillian could only stare. "Welcome, welcome. Come sit." His gentle voice whispered.

Lillian walked over towards the old man, whose beard was skimming the red marble flooring, which she could've sworn rippled out like water with each step she took.

"Hi, Professor." Lillian smiled politely, unsure if she were to bow or not?

"Lemon Drop?" Dumbledore's wrinkled hand stretched from his leather chair and over the desk towards her.

"Thank you," Lillian took one, cautiously. Severus was now by her side.

"Well then, let's get you sorted..."  

Dumbledore turned around and tapped something.

There was a loud grunt. The hat woke up...

~~~~~~

Within seconds of the hat being placed on her neatly russet hair, the freakin' hate began to talk!

"Hm. Oooh I see. Proud are you, proud of your inheritance? And courageous! You want to shine and be loved and respected. You're thriving to impress somebody... Well, that's it. It can't get any clearer: Gryffindor!"

Lillian's face dropped almost immediately.

Dumbledore gently began to raise the hat away from the girl's head. He was smiling through joy.

Snape, however, was not smiling; he was drowning Lillian, 'his daughter', with an indecipherable expression. His glare looked dangerous. Lillian avoided it to the best of her ability and dropped her chin on her chest.

Not even a second later, she heard Severus slam the door shut with so much force that she flinched, thinking that he had snapped the hinges off from the door...

~~~~~~

Lillian climbed the spiral stair case after she had been sorted, and entered the circular dormitory that had five four poster beds. Four of them were already occupied, but Lillian didn't care to check who; she merely climbed onto the spare one, which had her things at the foot of the bed, and fell into a dreamless sleep.

It was dreamless because her mind was in a shrine, unable to venture through stories.

Her mind was focusing on one thing and one thing only...

Severus.

- -

(vote/comment please, kfanksbye<3)