Chapter 9

Chapter 9

~ Hogwarts Train ~

"Anything from the trolley dears?" some old witch croaked, gently moving aside the door, clearly expecting Lillian and the others to buy something.

"Depends what you've got!" Draco stood up and marched towards her.

His balance and swagger, noted Lillian, was of complete arrogance...

"I've got everything!" the witch said, gesturing her hand in a circular motion around the trolley. "Oh wait, we're out of Cauldron Cakes, I don't have any Cauldron Cakes. Some kid took the last of them. Greedy bugger, but yeah I have every-"

"I get the point. I shall take some licorice wands and... give me one of your chocolate frogs." Draco said.

"Say please?" the witch said, with a straight and annoyed face.

Lillian stared at Draco. His face flexed and he bore his lips backwards. "I said, I shall take some licorice wands and give me some of your chocolate frogs!" he repeated each word slowly, as if he was talking to a deaf old woman.

The witch handed him his sweets. Draco threw the money at her and slammed the door shut, not asking if anybody else wanted anything from the trolley or even allowing them to get anything.

"The nerve, I tell you Leo." Draco hunched back down next to Leo, whom had a bored expression on his face. Whereas the girls had a hungry one...

"The old witch is probably harassed Draco. Poor thing, she's always scurrying about with that funny trolley. Always ramming it over peoples toes."

"Probably not by mistake either, the old hag!" Draco was getting a little too angry, though both Lillian and Astoria.

"Anyways." Daphne screeched. "I myself am looking forward to going back to Hogwarts, only because I want to pass Defence Against the Dark Arts."

Change of subject much...

"And who teaches that?" asked Lillian, looking at Daphne's bored face.

"It changes all the time. I must say though, I did prefer having Stuttery Quirrell, but he never stayed long did he..."

"Father's not happy about the school's standards. He says it's gone extremely downhill. He says soon Dumbledore will crack especially with what happened last year with the chamber of secrets, and how they took that stinking house elf away from us. Damn Potter!" Draco barked.

Leo, knowing soon Draco was going to get angrier again, changed the subject. "So Lilly, you really don't know anything about the subjects, teachers, Quidditch, rules etcetera?"

"No."

"How come?"

"Private issues..." Lillian turned away, really, really trying to avoid this.

She didn't know what a mudblood was, but she had a strong feeling that her existence was close enough to being one. After all, if she wasn't one, then she'd have been at Hogwarts two years ago.

Leo shrugged his shoulders at Draco's mocking expression and raised eyebrows.

Lillian stared at the window and noticed that the scenery changed again, this time skimming past an ocean view, or maybe it was a lake.

Lillian wasn't too sure; it was that quick you see. But by the time the train had reached the countryside once more, the atmosphere and weather changed all together. Lillian was shocked. It looked as if unexpected sheets of snow were tightly caressing the fields.

Everything looked cold, frosted and dead-like.

A chill shivered through her. But it wasn't a cold chill, no; it was more like a wary chill. The unfamiliar sensation travelled up through her body until each hair on her skin was static.

She looked down at her somewhat exposed arms; she had the Goosebumps.

Then something happened, again, something that made all five of the teenagers in the compartment jump and grope at something for support.

The train stopped abruptly on the tracks.

 Lillian gasped and looked out the window, where she failed miserably. The window was frozen, completely and entirely frozen! In the matter of seconds?

It was like ice, not a window, but thick ice. She could see it traveling like a wave slowly but surely.

The way it smeared across the window, and also the glass on the door, put fear, in not only Lillian, but each person on the train...

Everybody, and I mean everybody, came to an unexpected stillness.

~~~~~~~~~